Reaction score
It was found out that some genius at Renault decided to make 182 exhausts all one-piece rather than 3 which it should be. Seeing as the exhaust goes over the rear beam this meant that the cat and centre section were taken down, but the whole exhaust being connected did not come out because we couldn't slide it over the beam and the backboxes would not fit out under the rear bumber.

Therefore, the rear axle had to be dropped...

After almost a horror story we eventually got the beam off, jacked the back of the car up enough and got the cat off with a last minute discovery that we were able to just get the old exhaust out of the back.

then we had a lunch break :lol:

back to work...decat went in fine, centre section went in fine, backbox went in fine. Much easier with 3 sections to the exhaust. Started it up to check all was ok and it was fine, not too loud at idol. Rear beam went on fine and once the car was lowered back down to the ground I started it up again and left it idoling for 10 minutes. No emissions light :D but a definate smell of petrol :lol:

turned it off for about half hour to let the joins seal etc etc and then came the test drive :D

i took a friend out whilst 3 others waited on the drive to try and hear it along as I went along a country road a few hundred metres away. Drove down my road...very quiet, but you could tell it was going to have some bark on it.

Onto the country road, foot hard down and wow it is loud, but the pitch and tone of it is spot on, lovely sound and not overly loud from inside the car. The car was however noticeably quicker, and it was hot out too. Got back, to my road, windows up, 35mph, radio on, couldn't even hear the exhaust, it is great.

Back on the drive..."how was it?" "Where did you go, we didn't hear you at all." Much joking later and my mates all say together..."That is just ridiculous, it sounds like a superbike, it is so so loud! We heard you for miles."

I wanted to hear for myself so my brother took it out, didn't hear him until he put his foot down along the country road a few hundred metres away...my face dropped and i just started laughing, could not believe that was my clio.

It is unbelieveable...much faster, quiet at idol and slow speeds, but when you want it, it is so loud and has an amazing pitch! Utterly bowled over by it. Through tunnels all you can do is laugh at the sounds, and blips are savage, so so good!

anyways, here are some piccies...need to get some videos up tho and will do asap.

standard exhaust...

yozza2.jpg

yozzasport exhaust...

yozza3.jpg

yozza and standard exhaust in background. Hmmm which looks better?

yozza5.jpg

monster truck :lol:

yozza4.jpg

finished product...

yozza1.jpg

fills the exhaust holes much better with the larger tailpipes!

LOVE IT, EVERYONE MUST HEAR IT! :D

hyb

Reaction score
Looks great, get a sound clip up :)

When I had mine done we just got the original exhaust cut through on a center piece of pipe.

Reaction score
hyb said:
Looks great, get a sound clip up :)

When I had mine done we just got the original exhaust cut through on a center piece of pipe.

we thought about just cutting the standard exhaust in half but our jigsaw's metal blade wasn't big enough. Plus, still don't think the backbox would have fitted under the rear bumber. Really was a pain in the arse but its all done now and I can't help but smile at the noise!

Reaction score
yozza5.jpg

installing an exhaust the hard way :wink:

looks good - exhaust sound clip needed though, i've heard its loud

Reaction score
i need to get a mate with a very good video camera round to mine...filming it in close proximity and in tunnels is fine, but need a really good camera to be filming a my drive and me driving down my local country road...its when you can hear it but not see it...thats the special part. :D

Its hundreds of metres away and you know exactly what gear its in, you can hear every blip...everything.

I'll try and do one wednesday...if not some video action at and on the way upto Donington may well be in order!

Reaction score
I don't get it.

I don't think anyone else has had to remove their rear beam to install an aftermarket exhaust - so what made your case different?

Did you pay for labour for all that time spent removing te beam from the car?

Sorry - it just seems a bit excessive to have to go through all that work when no-one else has, especially if you had to pay for all of that (unnecessary?) extra time required.

O.

Reaction score
oliie said:
I don't get it.

I don't think anyone else has had to remove their rear beam to install an aftermarket exhaust - so what made your case different?

Sorry - it just seems a bit excessive to have to go through all that work when no-one else has, especially if you had to pay for all of that (unnecessary?) extra time required.

O.

fitted it with a mate and my brother. So no money was wasted for labour, just a few hours. Seemed to be the only way we could see to fit it.

How else do you do it?

Reaction score
Streetfighter said:
Very nice fella, what's the volume like in the 70mph-80mph crusing band?

had cruise control on coming back from guildford last night between 70 and 80 and you don't have to raise your voice to have a conversation with the person in the back!

its much louder from outside than it is from inside. Really not hard to put up with at all!

Reaction score
Matt X2C said:
Streetfighter said:

had cruise control on coming back from guildford last night between 70 and 80 and you don't have to raise your voice to have a conversation with the person in the back!

its much louder from outside than it is from inside. Really not hard to put up with at all!

Sound great Matt, you about this coming weekend? Would love to check out your exhaust and hear it first hand.

Are you are planing on selling your spare silenced de-cat? Just that I might know someone who would be interested.

Reaction score
Matt X2C said:
Streetfighter said:

Looks great Matt, you about this coming weekend? Would love to check out your exhaust and hear it first hand.

Are you are planing on selling your spare silenced de-cat? Just that I might know someone who would be interested.

Reaction score
7MAT said:
Matt X2C said:
Streetfighter said:

Looks great Matt, you about this coming weekend? Would love to check out your exhaust and hear it first hand.

Not around from thursday night onwards due to the Donny weekend.

In regards to the silenced de-cat if someone is interested then they can take it off my hands as shouldn't think I will be needing it. Only problem is that it has a crack in it which needs welding up!

Reaction score
Good work Matt, get a clip up. I think you'll find every other person before you has cut through the standard exhaust (usually at the cat) you did it the hard way but probably means your standard exhaust is worth more for re-sale or a re-fit.

TRL

Reaction score
Nice work mate, cannot wait to hear it, but preferably not at 3 in the morning on West Hill.........thanks!

Reaction score
Steve said:
Good work Matt, get a clip up. I think you'll find every other person before you has cut through the standard exhaust (usually at the cat) you did it the hard way but probably means your standard exhaust is worth more for re-sale or a re-fit.

had i known it was all 1 piece i would have planned to cut through it and would have brought/borrowed a bigger jigsaw as my steel jigsaw blade was not big enough.

When we realised the rear axle needed to come down I was prepared to get my hacksaw out and start sawing manually :lol:

Reaction score
Just realised your round the corner from me.

Would be nice to meet to have a listen if your free some time mate?

Reaction score
oliie said:
I don't get it.

O.[/quote

Wouldnt have said it was excessive tbh, its only two 18mm blols that needs removing to drop the beam.

Reaction score
Blimey, post reminds me of the beemer exhausts I used to weld up (if you could describe my welding as that.)

All joking aside, I'm getting more enquiries about modding 225 exhausts so will have to see if Yozza do those too.