BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Does anyone know the db rating of a yozzasport de-cat exhaust system? of know how I can find this out?
Just slightly worried it wont meet the 98db rating on 'Croft' which is the nearest circuit where I live.
I wanna buy the system but not if I wont be allowed on track. !
Cheers.

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Ye ive seen some vids and they sound sweeet ! :D

Cheers guys, Cant wait to get one now.

Reaction score
I really wanted one, but my exhaust wasn't as broken as I thought, I was a bit gutted, my justification for getting one went out the window.

Reaction score
i think the yozza is very popular on the trophy, i dont have one fitted but have ultra performace janspeed and that is 91 db but its probally louder than that with me new cat and ind kit. what is the loudest system you can get? i didnt buy the car to hear wildlife in the countryside

Reaction score
ben182trophy said:
i think the yozza is very popular on the trophy, i dont have one fitted but have ultra performace janspeed and that is 91 db but its probally louder than that with me new cat and ind kit. what is the loudest system you can get? i didnt buy the car to hear wildlife in the countryside

I think the yozza is the loudest system you can get for the 182 - the 172 Race System is especially loud. Apparently my system is slightly louder and more efficient than other 182 yozzasport systems as it is 2.5 inches all the way through (it was their development system) , rather than 2.25 inches, which the others all taper down to. Not sure how much different it sounds to others but its louder and more aggressive than any clio I have heard other than those with TB's - you can still hear it after Eau Rouge at Spa with other clio's flying by too :D

I dunno if others with Yozzasport systems find this too, but its very docile and fairly quiet when you drive the car normally, sounds fairly loud from inside when you put your foot down, but its from outside where it sounds loud. If you haven't already, get a friend to drive your car past you and then you will hear what everyone else hears - it is alot louder outside the car than inside!!!

Oh and is your system 91bd at full chat or at 3/4 revs like they measure at trackdays? I think at Brands last time mine was 94 or 95db at 5,500rpm! Seems to be a wide range of db readings for yozza's, maybe some of you have cats and some with a decat?

Reaction score
I think they always vary track to track depending on how they take the reading and the accuracy of rpm you hold. My car also gets much louder when it's warm.

My bike was measured at 106db at Silverstone and it's standard. He let me carry on but I had to cruise past the sound meter every lap. I guess I won't be taking that to Castle Coombe!

Renaultsport

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Just looked on youtube for some videos... Sounds awesome!! Time to sell my Janspeed me thinks!? :?

Reaction score
my exhaust is 2.50 too and its full system from cat back, it says 91 db at 6500 rpm. but it does feel louder than that i only have the one silencer aswell.

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Am I right in sayin the Yozza exhaust has no centre silencer. ?

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
you mean the back box is the only form of silencer ?

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Cool 8)

Cant wait to remove the standard crappy one and fit a proper exhaust.

Choosing the right one has been one of the hardest decisions ive made regardin mods for the Trophy. At firts I decided on a Milltek, Then an Orbisoud, Then the Scorpion RS192, but now I want a yozza ! :D (coz the Orbisoud is too expensive)

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Anyone got any exhaust vids on here ?

Ill get one posted of the yozza when I get it ! Going for the cat back system at first.