Reaction score
Trophy No.
My stock of playstation 3 has just arrived. :D That's no sleep tonight then.

Reaction score
I went to the launch of this two weeks ago in London and while impressed not sure it is worth that asking price!

Reaction score
Trophy No.
oliie said:
I went to the launch of this two weeks ago in London and while impressed not sure it is worth that asking price!

Who says i'm paying :D

Reaction score
Thats cool Hoolio - are you a games retailer then? Mind and post up what you think of it and what games you reckon are good. I thought Resistance Fall of Man looked pretty impressive.

I was told i could have mines yesterday in a hush hush pickup but i think i'll wait another day or two. Dont know why i'm not desperate to pick it up - maybe the thought of parting with all that cash ;)

I dont agree with the UK console costing approx £100-150 more than the US/JAP models - that just seems wrong - but i've still managed to justify the asking price to myself - just. The way i see it a Blu-Ray player costs £580 approx at the moment - if i buy a PS3 i get a a next generation console, a multimedia centre, and a Blu-Ray player thrown in for free! I'm telling myself it makes sense and its working for the time being :p

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Cool hand luke, to be perfectly honest that is pretty much the only way you can justify the money. Just realised that my ploy of buying a good CRT tv because of the better picture quality has just backfired on me, no HDMI input :( Think the dem room will be occupied till late.
I Do like my shoot-em-ups so yes resistance looks good "blazing angels" even sonic will be good lightwieght fun, only a couple of car things at the moment.

Reaction score
I'm going to wait a year until they've gone down to £200! Got a GF so don't need one desperately.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Steve said:
I'm going to wait a year until they've gone down to £200! Got a GF so don't need one desperately.

Not so sure that will happen, the 360 hasn't moved much pricewise, perhaps it will now.

Reaction score
Steve said:

Oooh thats a bit cheeky Steve - are you suggesting only those without g/f's will buy PS3's? I've got a gf too but we dont actually spend every minute of every hour of every day together so i am able to spend time on other things :wink:

You must have been allowed to play games at one point though as i think i remember you posting yesterday about almost getting 'Gold on the Nurburgring Special License on GT4' and destroying your R2 button :oops:

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
i've got a better plan, i've just conviced my mate to buy one..... then it's his house form now on not mine.... didn't realise it was blue ray... hmmmn, may rethink.

Reaction score
Cool Hand Luke said:
Steve said:

Oooh thats a bit cheeky Steve - are you suggesting only those without g/f's will buy PS3's? I've got a gf too but we dont actually spend every minute of every hour of every day together so i am able to spend time on other things :wink:

You must have been allowed to play games at one point though as i think i remember you posting yesterday about almost getting 'Gold on the Nurburgring Special License on GT4' and destroying your R2 button :oops:

hee hee I was being cheeky, I used to play a lot more but she gets annoyed now if I'm shooting things for too long! Used to like the FF series quite a bit but you definitely can't hold down a relationship and do that!

GT's different, that's a way of life, I was playing that before Iw as real driving. Learnt to drive on it in fact. :lol:

Reaction score
I had one on pre-order with amazon up until last week. When i realised i don't want one. There aren't any games out for it that i want, and money is a little tight at the moment.
I probably could have just sold it when it arrived but I knowning me i'd have kept it then i'll be in dept.

Reaction score
So Hoolio whats the thoughts on the PS3 then? I think its got some flaws at the moment but theres no doubt its got massive potential which should be fully utilised over the coming months.

Have you downloaded Gran Turismo HD? Such a good game, you just cant beat driving the Ferrari 599 through that Norwegian mountain track -even if the 599 is a bit of a handful, the engine noise is amazing. The selection of cars they have given you is fairly decent - i like the tuned DC5 Type R, and the Lancer Evo IX, and the Skyline GTR, the Elise 11R and the etc etc....

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Yeah agree it does have some faults, it's a dust magnet, backwards compatability is poor/complicated etc etc. But where can you buy a blue-ray player for £425? believe it or not since i moved a little while ago i have no pc at home so i've not tested it's online capability and also i tend to get bored quite quickly so i tend to just borrow a console when the bug bites.