Reaction score
My dampers were due a refurb and was finding time to get them sorted then a good deal appeared o CS and was to good to miss:cool:

So decided to buy new and they arrived yesterday;)

IMG_0647.jpg

So ive also bought rear Sach shocks and now deciding what springs to invest in.

I should have some change from 1500 which im well happy with..................

Reaction score
Nice looking shocks, how long they been sitting in a store room for? Do they have a date of manufacture on the boxes? Also i would say im currently running mark fish springs and find the ride hard and the rear looks so high compared to the front, however from what i seen eibach sportlines sit slightly lower and from reviews i read there more comfy.

Last edited:
Reaction score
They come with a years warrenty so not really arsed about how long have they been hanging around and wouldnt know how i can answer this question for you.

This could be with most thing you buy, for the springs i havent made up my mind yet.

A mate of mine has jus bought a set of Bilsteins and they dont have a manufacture date on them is it normal to have them on??

Johnny

Reaction score
The date stamp will most likely be on the packaging not on the shocks themselves, i know vw parts they stamp a date on the component some however stap it on the packaging. Looking at the picture above it has the old adjusters fitted so i would imagine there old ones possible been sitting on a shelf for around 5 years, if it was me i would be weary about dry seals within the shocks just check them after a few weeks of driving to make sure there is no sign of leakage but as you state they come with a 2 year warranty so if a claim has to be made your then end up with some brand spanking new ones :)

Reaction score
At the end of the day mate im happy with what ive bought, if they have been on the shelf for 5 years i dont give a toss .

Comments like this wont get me down im happy and its nearly xmas and ive just bought myself brand spanking new Sach dampers ,brand new rear shocks and now looking for springs..

Lifes good,

Reaction score
Like you said they have got a warranty so what difference does it make! buy a new car and the chances are its 6 months old !

Reaction score
Lovely, get them sealed up with a good few coats of wax/sealant.

Mine have some Collinite #845 on them, recommended by aucky

Reaction score
Colli is great stuff - I'd personally recommend FinishKare 1000p Hi-Temp Sealant.

Best wax I've ever used. Lasts aaaaaaaaaaaaages.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Lovely, get them sealed up with a good few coats of wax/sealant.

Mine have some Collinite #845 on them, recommended by aucky
Lol, did I? Can't remember.
I'm testing some colly #915 on my winter wheels atm.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Got a set of rear Sachs dampers from a dealer and had been sat on a shelf since the T was made. Had them on best part of 6 months and no problems to date.........!

Good work - keep us posted on how they refresh the T!!

Reaction score
Cheers bud i will let you know when i get them on, i just need springs now as I might aswell change them also.
Then sort a date early new year at Birchdown:cool:

Reaction score
Just about to order some Mark Fish springs and they asked if i was getting them under pinned, can someone explain the benifits of this...
if there is any.

Johnny

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Ok, much as I dislike doing this i recommend you doing a search as there is A LOT of info on many threads, too much for me to squeeze into even a long reply here.
What I will say is that Renault have pinned them in a position to suit all, not too hard to make it uncomfortable but solid enough to really get a feel of what's going on up front.