Which one?

Reaction score
It is low miles like the other one on autotrader but no mention of the cambelt, other servicing items besides the shocks, plus needs a tidy up with the floor mats, aircon panel, etc. Not sure 50k miles and Sachs being redone makes it an £11k car to be honest even if it is a clio trophy

but might be different when you see it in the flesh

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Hello, I bought this car haha didn’t expect to see any questions about it when I registered!!
So abit about the car and me, got a silver 182 and had done a few posh bits like the recaros and turinis. Wasn’t planning on buying anything but saw this whilst I was working on London and took a look. You’re correct the belts need doing and the rear exhaust mounts are fooked, cracking on the heater controls, out 3 small paint marks. Generally the car is running great and you can tell it’s been garaged alot. The underside is immaculate and paint has hardly and marks, front bumper has been repainted. which was what swayed me and the fact it was 2 owners, there’s a rust bubble on a roof strip and I’ve replaced the boot struts for 1 series engine struts because of the spoiler height. Currently taking all goodies off my 182 ff and putting on trophy then selling . Finally I paid £10000 for it and feel that was a good price

Attachments

• E68C8F6F-C5ED-42CF-830A-86E81450B12C.jpeg
    E68C8F6F-C5ED-42CF-830A-86E81450B12C.jpeg
    581.9 KB · Views: 31
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Great to see another proud owner, very decent miles and if you keep it that low can only see it going up in value!

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Many thanks! I don’t think many will go on it tbf but at the same time appreciation is last on my priorities, me enjoying it is top :) :) I have a daily car so this is just a garage toy . I have b14’s on my cup and they’re very similar cars, I’ve bought the trophy for the pride of ownership. I’ve noticed low miles are getting hard to find and sell very quickly so you’re probably right. I miss the auto wipers though and am now stealing my ff door cards haha

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Many thanks! I don’t think many will go on it tbf but at the same time appreciation is last on my priorities, me enjoying it is top :) :) I have a daily car so this is just a garage toy . I have b14’s on my cup and they’re very similar cars, I’ve bought the trophy for the pride of ownership. I’ve noticed low miles are getting hard to find and sell very quickly so you’re probably right. I miss the auto wipers though and am now stealing my ff door cards haha

I am slowly restoring mine bit by bit and trying to get it back to as original as I can. Quite enjoy the car with some tasteful mods, but it's really coming to life restoring everything to how it was designed and built. Recently had a full respray and the car looks like one of the best, albeit it sadly has 148k on the clock.

Whilst I would have loved to have had a second car during my 12 year ownership, this has only just happened inside the last 6 months from a company car, just a shame it was so late on!

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Congratulations! Assume you will keep the original Trophy door cards somewhere? There seems to be a move towards people preferring the standard interiors on resale, like the basic rear seat bench that some upgraded a few years back (I nearly did too, only didn't because the replacement fell through). Either way, great to see another being cherished.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Congratulations! Assume you will keep the original Trophy door cards somewhere? There seems to be a move towards people preferring the standard interiors on resale, like the basic rear seat bench that some upgraded a few years back (I nearly did too, only didn't because the replacement fell through). Either way, great to see another being cherished.

I used to have the urge to do this but I actually quite like the cheap basic interior, not overly keen on the grey belts and seen some converted red ones which look really cool. Had a 172FF for many years that had all the toys but don't miss any of them bar the Xenons which again a few have retro fitted.

Was wondering the other day how many have the original wiper stalk? Have a sudden urge to change my back but very much doubt I would enjoy the basicality of it!

Reaction score
In my own opinion Wiper stalk and steering wheel Retrim are essential for any owner. Just buy a spare wheel and get it done. Stick all the original rubbish bits back in the box for “originality”.
If anyone sits in the back or you need split folding I would also do it but just keep bits.
I once considers dyeing a set of 182 door cards. There actually very blue/purple and don’t really fit the recaro seats. The trophy cheaper plastic door pull bits that don’t have the 182 plastic coating are now a blessing.

the toughest call for me was always the belts.. they really look good when clean.. then need a lot of care afterwards.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
In my own opinion Wiper stalk and steering wheel Retrim are essential for any owner. Just buy a spare wheel and get it done. Stick all the original rubbish bits back in the box for “originality”.
If anyone sits in the back or you need split folding I would also do it but just keep bits.
I once considers dyeing a set of 182 door cards. There actually very blue/purple and don’t really fit the recaro seats. The trophy cheaper plastic door pull bits that don’t have the 182 plastic coating are now a blessing.

the toughest call for me was always the belts.. they really look good when clean.. then need a lot of care afterwards.

I had mine off from the front and gave them a 3 stage cleaning after the car was left open to the elements at its storage location during a shoddy repair, came out like new but it was a lot of work. Left the rears sat in a big plastic bath in the boot and again worked a treated.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Fair play good comments! ... I must admit whilst doing it I have wondered if they might go tacky one day, I’ll leave originals in even though I’m half way through swapping ... Couple of questions do you know how much a Renault oem exhaust back box is and also do the heating controls crack on them? Wondering wether to repaint or bite the bullet and pay 60 for a good condition one

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Fair play good comments! ... I must admit whilst doing it I have wondered if they might go tacky one day, I’ll leave originals in even though I’m half way through swapping ... Couple of questions do you know how much a Renault oem exhaust back box is and also do the heating controls crack on them? Wondering wether to repaint or bite the bullet and pay 60 for a good condition one

I cannot imagine Renault would do the original exhaust but still see them pop up occasionally on FB marketplace or ebay, they really are poor compared to a decent stainless and I think the exit pipes look far too small.

The heating controls are terrible, mine has been replaced once and makes it look so much better, a very fiddly job and there is a knack to doing it right without scratching it as you fit.

Reaction score
Forget the oem exhaust.. the actual one was one piece from the cat and required the whole back beam taking off to fit. Was fitted before the beam in the factory.

The Renault replacement did a hack and shut sleeve attempt to save the garage from having to do the whole thing. I actually had a spare 1 piece at one point. Mental heavy.

if your looking for originality. I would simply get someone to commission a stainless one but with the original sized peeshooter tips as most aftermarket go for better looking bigger tips.

Reaction score
I had mine off from the front and gave them a 3 stage cleaning after the car was left open to the elements at its storage location during a shoddy repair, came out like new but it was a lot of work. Left the rears sat in a big plastic bath in the boot and again worked a treated.
Yeah it’s a tough sensitive clean. You want to go mental but if they fray then it’s an not failure. I used to power wash mine which gets a lot of the brown out but not greasy fingers

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Yeah it’s a tough sensitive clean. You want to go mental but if they fray then it’s an not failure. I used to power wash mine which gets a lot of the brown out but not greasy fingers

I did a day in some stain remover, day in washing powder, scrub with a block brush and Autoglym interior cleaner, and then a jet wash off, were light and day different.

There is also some method to my madness but good old cable ties and the metal brackets allowed them to be hung dry.

20200614_175740.jpg
received_287668682366385.jpeg