What’s tops on a Trophy these days ?

Reaction score
Obviously as owners we like to think the worth of the car has increased over what we paid. It seems however that prices have flattened somewhat. I get the feeling that any Trophy, regardless of mileage or condition will struggle to make £8k. There were some that maybe 2yrs ago sold for over £10k but that boat seems to have sailed.
im interested to understand what has happened to the market such that values have dipped. The cars haven’t changed and in fact good ones have become less. Why 2 years ago were people happy to dig deep for one of these where as now anyone asking £7k plus have little chance of moving the car on

Reaction score
I don't see why one's under 40k would not still get over 8k, and as these cars get older there will be less on the roads, and less that are well looked after

Reaction score
I reckon nice sub 50k cars will be worth around 9k as long as belts & Sachs have been done recently.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
I see the prices going up again it's just the way prices go through time. Also they are getting to age where a lot would need doing.

Reaction score
I know a few that have gone for £9k plus recently...

That’s interesting because my post was sort of prompted by the fact I thought cars were being put up for sale at that sort of money but were struggling to sell. I guess we see them advertised but often don’t find out if they sold

Reaction score
That’s interesting because my post was sort of prompted by the fact I thought cars were being put up for sale at that sort of money but were struggling to sell. I guess we see them advertised but often don’t find out if they sold

If anything they are selling quite quickly, low miles (under 50k) and looked after examples, so I wouldn't say they arnt selling, it's only the over priced or poor examples sitting around

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Prices will always fluctuate - if anything looking over the longer term, i'd say prices have started to creep up over the last 24 months on average....

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Just think how time will affect it.

Fast forward 10 years and values can only climb, especially when loads of 172/182's are off the road and such a hatch is a distant memory for most.

Reactions: Cue

GPH

Reaction score
The market as a whole has been dropping for 2 years so the drop in Trophy prices just reflects the market.
Brexit, recession worries blah blah blah means fewer people spend money on trinkets they don't need.

And now when the Government says no new petrol cars can be sold in only 15 years time, meaning even more stringent emissions and more and more city centres are setting up ULEZ areas and banning cars, it is unwise to say that "prices can only climb" because clearly they can do the opposite especially when the current generation of teenagers are mainly only interested in clean electric cars.

Fortunately the 182 Trophy has earned it's status amongst the best of the '00s performance cars so it will be of interest among petrolheads for years to come but I wouldn't bother putting away more ordinary cars for the future.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
I struggle to see a realistic scenario that's so severe as to negatively affect Trophy values.

Bit more volatile when you're talking about supercars into daft 6 figure territory compared to an old school hot hatch still comfortably within 4 figures in the vast majority of cases.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Values for classics/interesting and collectable cars across the board have steadily stagnated and more recently seen modest drops. There are of cours exceptions to this for some exotica. I have an eye open for a nice Trophy currently but i dont see it as a huge investment potential, if it wipes it feet and gives me pleasure i will be a happy chappy. I have a few other cars and luckily bought when the market was low.......
Poor, modified, uncared for examples will always struggle to make a good price, doesnt matter what it is. My passion is BMW M cars and if you take the E46 m3 as an example the same spec car can be between £7k - £20k dependent on history and mileage.
I dont think Brexit helped at all and now Corona virus will take its toll. People, and especially collectors/investors are cautious and any sign of a slow down they keep their cash in the bank.