Reaction score
Oright guys, need a HUGE favour from someone. I'm wanting to get this trophy but being so far away I'm unable to go see it before buying it. If I'm going down I want to be bringing it back with me.

So I need the help of someone going to view it for me. Anyone up for it?

It's this one here : http://classifieds.pistonheads.com/...t-clio-renaultsport-182-trophy-16v-3dr/890059

If so let me know ASAP as I could do with letting the guy know today (before 6pm)

Thanks in advance Piers.

Reaction score
Poor advert. The description is terrible; just a spec list, and the photos are rubbish. What attracts you to that car... price?

Reaction score
Hi Piers,

I agree with felix. This is a very poor advert and not a good offer.

My husband and I had viewed this Trophy when we were recently in the UK, and before we decided to buy an other.

First to say is: The seller has had two Trophy for sale. But one was already sold.
The car you can see in the advert is the sold one, not which is still for sale.

The Trophy we'd seen was in a very poor condition.
The paintwork was worst. The hood needs to be repainted.
Everywhere on the rubber seals was moss.
The seats and the engine room were very dirty.
So, this car would definitely need a thorough cleaning and polish.

Also the rear brake discs were scrap and would need to be replaced asap.

The Yozza or Miltec Exhaust (not sure which it was exactly) was broken, too.
And the ABS and Service lights were on.

The only good thing was that the car had a carbon frontsplitter.

As the seller had noticed that we were no longer interested, he came back to us and offered us to buy it for £ 3,300.

Too bad about the T, but rather put on a few £ more and buy a reasonable car.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Shame.. Getting it tidy wouldnt be an issue as i detail cars as a hobbie but the lights on the dash are a worry :S

But if i was able to get it for between £3k-£3.3 would you still say its a no go? Could be a potential bargain depending on the dash light situation.

I was only interested as he was willing to PX a good price against my current car. Other trader wernt so kind. But obviously this is why. Just aswell i put the thread up!

cheers.

Reaction score
Just rang him about the issue. Says the dash lights are no longer there - due to a dead battary. Paint work is bang on etc. hes gona have another look over it tomorrow and look ove the figures and get back to me.

just seen that link, cheers.

Reaction score
Well, maybe £3k-£3.3 would be okay, but we would have to drive the car back to Germany and with the lights on and a defective brake, this was a no go for us.

It will need work, but it could also be a bargain depending on why the lights are on and what else maybe is faulty.

Forgot to say that the car has 4 previous owners, so the seller told us.

Reaction score
Yea that's what he told me too. He was honest and upfront about one of the front shockers needing refurbed, which he would be sorting before selling it to me (@ silverstone place).

Il see what he says tomorrow as it would have to be at a bargain price to justify the risk traveling all the way from Carlisle.

Either way its abit fustrating!

Reaction score
Hmmm, him saying the paint work is bang on I would say is optimistic. Just to be clear, is this the 05 plate one? As they had 2 and the 55 plate was the better one.

If it is, when i saw it, it had an aftermarket alarm (beeped when I opened the doors), general body condition was ok but I think there was a couple of door dents on the drivers side. Cant remember if it has been painted or not. Some of the plastics inside the doors also looked faded. From memory seats were ok. Also cant remember what tyres were like, might have needed a couple. If he is getting the dampers done thats a bonus but the rears wont be too far behind if the fronts need doing, and are over £200 the pair. When I disconnect my battery the lights dont come on either so not sure on that!

Even with the dampers done its still a risk for you, so the price needs to reflect that. I'd say witrh front dampers done then £3.3k is around its money, this will leave you change if there are any other issues. But as with every car its how its been looked after, you could pick it up and have no problems, equally on the drive home all the cogs could fall out the gear box. You pays your money etc.

Dan

Reaction score
Personally I'd wait! One is sure to come up on here that's a little nearer for you.

At least you've got half a chance of it being looked after if its got some history on the forum!

Reaction score
Have you looked at the one in Newcastle ? He wants 4k for it but has been trying to sell all summer - might take an offer?
its on eBay btw - I should have mentioned that

Reaction score
No dash lights when I had to replace my dead battery!

Last edited:

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
I'll sell you mine at the very special christmas price of £6k (offer ends 01/01/2013)

Reaction score
The one in Newcastle has had 7 previous owners :(
might be a bit tricky to sell on?!

Reaction score
Try to look at a few you'll know the right one when you see it!

what about Steve at R-Sports one! Looks nice and will be well prepped.

Reaction score
Haha cheers Ben, I wondered when you would show up lol.

The Dash lights crack is abit fishy and i don't buy his story tbh. It's my only major concern as all the other areas are easy sorted if the cars going for £3k.

..7 owners is too much, wouldn't want to go over 4 tbh. Yea might fire Steve a PM and see what he says..

As you guys have sad, think I'm going to just need to sit tight for now.

Reaction score
I only bought mine 3 weeks ago, so I know that most of the ones on trader/EBay have some sort of
off putting story. I ended up paying £1500 more than I wanted too.
But def worth sitting tight n paying the right money.
If it seems to good to be true, it will be :)

Reaction score
Hi mate,

I've just put mine up for sale. Take a look and if you're interested, or want to ask me any questions about the car, or what to look for when buying one message me.

http://www.cliotrophy.co.uk/forum/s...tSport-Clio-182-Trophy-No-56-500-*FSH*-£4-200

IMO, even thought the one in your OP is low mileage it is very rough. Granted, mine is high, It has a through service history and everything has been done on it. IMO it wouldn't cost you anything to run for the next few years. Just an Oil service every year.

Reaction score
Cheers mate but my only issue is im struggling to sell current car (mk3 clio dci) so ideally looking at PX'n through a trader.

phoned up about the one on AT with the hurrendus wheels! Apart from them it looks clean and tidy also OEM (barr wheels). Thought there not a biggy, easy changed. Dealer says theres a little scratch on reat pannel too.

turns out the only flaw with that is it has NO service history! 3 previous owner (2 of them being women)

they rang me back saying theyd be willing to do a straight swap with full MOT and a service but id need to tax it.

..sigh.

Last edited: