water sound at drivers area

Reaction score
Hi all

I have only had my trophy a week or so. I can hear what sounds like a small lake swishing from time to time around the drivers area I have pulled back the plastic trim in the rear drivers side where the seatbelt is and stuck my hand down but never found water down there. I have also tried moving my drivers door back and forward to see if water was in there but did not hear any water. Anyone had this before or know of water gathering somewhere ? it does not sound like a little water it sounds like a lot of water.

Thanks in advance for any help.

David

Reaction score
hello

you might have a blocked drainage channel under the scuttle panel, you could try pouring some water down there and see if it runs out from under the car

MarcB

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
As Mikey has said take the plastic scuttle panel off on both sides and check.

The other common one is the sills itself.

There is a couple of drain holes in the sills to let the water drip out, If these are blocked then the water is inside the sill.
To get to these you need to take the front wheel arches off (both parts both front and back of the wheel) and then you will find a bit of foam , remove that and check the sill and remove any dirt (a lot of dirt is collected in here and blocks the hole)

TrophyProgress060.gif

TrophyProgress058.gif

TrophyProgress061.gif

TrophyProgress065.gif

The other place i have seen water collect in cars is the door itself, If the window seals are not 100% or the window does not make 100% contact the water can gather there, I have not yet seen this on a T but i have seen it on VW's, Vauxhalls & Fiats.

Reaction score
fantastic this is great help. I have a good place to start. I don't want water gathering for obvious reasons as soon as this rain stops I will have a look at these.

Thanks again
David

MarcB

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
If you can work out what side its coming from start there.

Its a total pain but if you can take the whole scuttle panel off and everything in there thats easy enough.

I spoke to a couple of RTE's and they said years ago the PH2 clio suffered from wire loom corrosion down the suttle panel due to blocked drain holes. They had seen this on a weekly basis so its well worth cleaning it all out and making sure the drains are all clean and clean.

If is in the sills clean it all out and once it is dry try and get waxoyl down the sill like so.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zcNP4INYEMI

Reaction score
I got into my car this morning and noticed the floor is soaking wet. Not had time to have a look at it yet makes me think it could be the scuttle panel. Hopefully get a look at it midweek.

Reaction score
Had this issue as well. Scuttle panel and its flexible tubes where the water comes out!