nbc

Reaction score
I'm looking to get my service done and geometry setup sorted by Mark Fish Motorsport and i've bought some of the much hyped Silkolene Pro S for the oil change, but i'm worried this will invalidate the warranty as it's not a Renault recognised part?
Apparently, they need to see receipts for all the parts used.

What do you think?
Anyone got a spare recipt for 5l of Elf whatever it is?? :wink:

Reaction score
nbc said:
I'm looking to get my service done and geometry setup sorted by Mark Fish Motorsport and i've bought some of the much hyped Silkolene Pro S for the oil change, but i'm worried this will invalidate the warranty as it's not a Renault recognised part?
Apparently, they need to see receipts for all the parts used.

What do you think?
Anyone got a spare recipt for 5l of Elf whatever it is?? :wink:

If your engine blows up and they conduct a test proving that you put Silkolene in the engine then it may invalidate your warranty. This will be more than likely if they discover that it is not the recommended viscosity.

You may be able to seek recourse by requesting proof that the Silkolene did in fact contribute to the engine failure, but it would end up being a drawn out legal process (read: expensive).

My comments take an extreme view/example but then again you did ask.... ;)

O.

Reaction score
oil is oil so use what you wont aslong as it got oil in the car then you will be OK

Reaction score
Neal said:
oil is oil so use what you wont aslong as it got oil in the car then you will be OK

Cod liver oil OK? Maybe for a standard 182, but Trophy's deserve something a bit better. :lol:

hyb

Reaction score
I took my s2000 for its service last week and supplied my own plugs and oil. The service manager actually said I'd done the right thing supplying Silkolene Pro S as its a much better oil then what they would have stuck in.

Reaction score
I think if you look through most high performance car forums, Silkolene Pro-S is really getting some very good PR (nothing to do with Oilman I'm sure :wink: ). Anyway, most of the technicians and engineers that I know put the Silkolene stuff in their own cars, which I think speaks for itself. It would be a really strange scenario to find a cars warranty invalid because 'better' oil had been used. As said above, just make sure the viscosity is correct. :)

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Lee G said:
I think if you look through most high performance car forums, Silkolene Pro-S is really getting some very good PR (nothing to do with Oilman I'm sure :wink: ). Anyway, most of the technicians and engineers that I know put the Silkolene stuff in their own cars, which I think speaks for itself. It would be a really strange scenario to find a cars warranty invalid because 'better' oil had been used. As said above, just make sure the viscosity is correct. :)

yep, i'm with lee on this. A number of industry people have said that Silkolene is about the best blood for the car.

Reaction score
I agree with you guys... but don't forget that it is in Renault's interest to invalidate warranty claims wherever possible... but of course they will have to prove that a certain part caused the failure (and if the oil is indeed better and meets the specs then it is going to prove tricky to use this as proof).

I guess it is something to keep at the back of your mind.

I am on a warranty crusade as mine is in the garage as we speak.... :)

O.

nbc

Reaction score
E:mailed Oilman about this and he basically said that as long as the oil passes all the industry checks/regs then there shouldn't be a problem.

Silkolene Pos S exceeds them all comfortably but, like you say Renault could make hard work of it in a claim. I'm sure Oilman would take to the stand for me!

Any way, a Pro S bypass is a taking place tomorrow :)