Wales Recce

Reaction score
Took a trip out to Wales, met up with fellow forum user 'Big Dave', and had a cracking weekend exploring some new roads and revisiting some old favourites. Here's a few pics of the weekend:
IMG_0010_zps01uyxpoa.jpg

IMG_0014_zpsmbumzqrd.jpg

IMG_0027_zpscze945jr.jpg

IMG_0039_zpstlzjgrve.jpg

IMG_0029_zpso5bdsugi.jpg
IMG_0085_zpsztkovi8c.jpg

IMG_0049_zpsfrsnyhd4.jpg

IMG_0090_zpsihq40jz5.jpg

IMG_0095_zpsulywystd.jpg

IMG_0102_zpsx8x9njxw.jpg

IMG_0111_zpsyzz09wgp.jpg

IMG_0119_zpsif2iuh5n.jpg

IMG_0130_zpstwhs9xwi.jpg

IMG_0137_zpsz4bmcntw.jpg

IMG_0139_zpsnvvosgyd.jpg

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Another enjoyable driving weekend by the looks of it :)

I look forward to catching up with you soon mate - on the next Wales trip / tour if not before :)

Reaction score
Hope you had a good weekend too my friend, it sounds like it was much-needed!

See you at the Action Day at Combe in early April? I take it you'll be there with the FF group?

Reaction score
Looks like a fun route. Trophy looks so much better on original Speedline's. Would be interesting to get your views on how it handles on different tyre profiles/wheel in a back to back comparison; if you were able to swap cars on the day.

Reaction score
I've got the 2118s plus two sets of Turinis - the originals and a set with Cup-offset.

The problem is they're all wearing very different rubber plus I'm not sure I have the 'feel' or insight to provide a useful comparison.

You're right about the Turinis though, they're are a fantastic looking wheel that suits the Trophy so well!

SMJ

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Great pictures - making me very jealous and looking forward even more to the September Weekender

Big Dave

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Trophy No.
I can concurr it WAS a FAB weekends driving round some of Wales,s best roads, and they were empty... Apart from a few sheep now and then..., Oh and a cyclist or two.. hey Tim...!!!!
Ill post some of my pics, soon , but a lot are very similar to Tims...
Thanks for letting me tag along...
Ill defo be there in September, if not before...

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Hope you had a good weekend too my friend, it sounds like it was much-needed!

See you at the Action Day at Combe in early April? I take it you'll be there with the FF group?
Yes, we had a great weekend thanks Tim. Just what the doctor ordered. Difficult times at the moment so another weekend along the same lines wouldn't go amiss!

Sadly I don't think I'll be able to make Combe for Action Day this year due to a few setbacks over recent weeks. I'm disappointed as I was looking forward to 'kicking-off' the car season and meeting up with yourself and others. As for FF... it's currently been put on the back burner. The truth is that a lot of folks don't seem interested in events and driving like they used to and my membership just dropped off. People also tend to not use forums as much what with the likes of Facebook and other social media platforms. Whilst they are great platforms for many things, they make running a 'serious' car club very difficult due to the lack of admin powers and control. Suffice to say, the FF forum has pretty much died and I'm not taking on new members at the moment. It will probably just be left to die quietly. It's a real shame as I used to regularly have meets, events and weekend tours with upwards of 20-30 cars. Now I can't even get more than 4 names together for the Action Day! Oh well, these things happen. It means I just look forward more to those events and drives that I attend solo - especially the Trophy Tour ;)

Reaction score
Anyone up for a another trip to Wales?

I'm on holiday for the next 2 weeks so flexible.