Reaction score
Hi there.

I recently bought #091 (Yeah I've read all the history but she's in good shape), and I'm shopping for tyres to fit the stock alloys. Can anyone tell me whether a 215/45/16 will work on them? I have done a bit of research and it seems to be fine but would be grateful if anyone has tried them over the 205/45/16s.

Appreciate your feedback. Thanks.

Reaction score
What tyres are you after in that size?

Think I'll go for the Michelin PS3 when I need some, pity supersports don't come in our size

Reaction score
Yeah the Michelins are great road tyres - And having tried the SuperSports on my old Alpina, I must agree that they were awesome tyres.

I'm after something a little more sticky since my trophy isn't a daily driver, so going to give Kumho Ecsta XS KU36 tyres a try - They don't come in 205 width though, only 215. I think they'll be fine but was just wounding if anyone had fitted 215s before I go ahead and click Buy.

Thanks for the feedback

Reaction score
Try Yokohama ad08R. Size I think Must be 215/40/16 and Not 215/45. Take a second look!
If not Yokohama then Michelin PS3 in the highest speed rating.
Please do not opt for Bridgestone RE002 Adrenaline. This tyre is not worth buying it.

Reaction score
Try Yokohama ad08R. Size I think Must be 215/40/16 and Not 215/45. Take a second look!
If not Yokohama then Michelin PS3 in the highest speed rating.
Please do not opt for Bridgestone RE002 Adrenaline. This tyre is not worth buying it.

Thanks RsMax - The Kumhos are definitely 215/45 but I would try 215/40 too - Not much difference really.

AD08R is an awesome choice of tyre. I was looking at the Kumhos as they are really cheap at the moment compared to premium tyres like the Yokos. Will keep shopping around. Thanks for the reply. Wo wohnst du in Deutschland? I used to live there a few years back.

Reaction score
It might be worth posting a thread on www.cliosport.net - you're more likely to get a response from someone whose tried that tyre configuration.

Thanks Claude - Have been doing loads of research and decided that AD08Rs are too good to ignore. Will fit a set of 205/45/16s and be done with it!

Cheers for the feedback guys.

BTW - Claude - A mate of mine spotted a Trophy parked in Cold Ash - Do you know who's it is?

Reaction score
That'll be Mizen's Trophy!

AD08Rs are superb - I run them on my 2118s in 195/50/15. Love 'em!

Reaction score
@SpAzzy: In der Nähe von Kassel und ich arbeite teilweise in Passau in Bayern!
Dein Deutsch ist Super!

Schau mal im deutschen Clio RS Forum vorbei. Www.Cliors.de dort bin ich maxmad.
Dort findest Du auch Erfahrungen zu Reifen, etc von unseren Usern.
Auch alles zum Nürburgring. Dort fahren viele von uns. Ich habe in meinem 182
das Trophy Fahrwerk verbaut. In D gibt es übrigens 1 englischen Trophy, der in Dieppe
als Linkslenker ausgeliefert wurde. Ich kenne den ET.

Grüße

Und bei interesse pn hier oder bei cliors.de
wir haben vom 12-.6.2015 übrigens unser grosses Renault Sport Treffen in Eschwege.
Steht bei Cliors.de im Forenbereich;)

Meld dich mal!

Reaction score
Just asked where in Germany he used to live and invited him
to our german Clio Sport Forum www.cliors.de which has a lot
of Nurburgring crazy people.
And additionally we will have our annual Renailt Sport Meeting
from the 12-14th of june 2015;)
But back to tyres!

Reaction score
Just asked where in Germany he used to live and invited him
to our german Clio Sport Forum www.cliors.de which has a lot
of Nurburgring crazy people.
And additionally we will have our annual Renailt Sport Meeting
from the 12-14th of june 2015;)
But back to tyres!

Haha would love a road trip to Germany with the Clio. I'm actually sat in the tyre place now getting the Yokos fitted.

I spent a lot of time in Moenchengladbach, Herford, Karlsruhe and Heidelberg. Still visit from time to time. Would like to do the Nordschliefe in the Clio some day for sure! I miss the Autobahns... Motorways in the UK are so slow and full of lane hogs!