Reaction score
i think its around 240-250 dependant. if u go for harder conrods and increase boost kinda anything upwards from there

make it prety quick wee car for sure esp down a back road !!

Day

Reaction score
There have been doubts regarding reliability in the past but I'm sure David @ KTec is close to sorting that if not already.

Reaction score
Kool no probs..im actually fitting the AIG induction kit to mine over next week or so see if can help lift from 4-5,500 rpm as wouldnt pull u outta bed i feel

rodger

Reaction score
i think this is the biggest waste of cash!
The fast clios put down enough power for their size/weight, Any more will mess up the balance, and 5k! come on! A second hand clio 172 is about 7k + 5k turbo is 12k!
That would get you a skyline/rx7/supra/evo/scoob the list goes on. These cars are built to handle big bhp unlike the clio!
Mini rant over! :)

Reaction score
Sure ur opinion but none of those cars will have or do have same power to weight/torque lift for theyre size making the clio a nimble and quicker lifting car from low revs.. maybe im just used to more power but i feel clios lacks drastically between 4k and 5.5k revs when most lift is needed ..kinda sit and wait and watch revs rise till something happens.. whereas far more torque means u wont have time to look at rev counter as it hurles up revs

maybe im just used to far more power as my other car is 360 bhp and trying to compare too much but todays "so called " hot hatches" are all too revvy they only produce power between certain levels and if not in rev band car is tame and docile then must be driven on the rev band.. problem is roads /corners etc cant be taken on rev band and thus car needs to be revved up to get going again as ull be aware, if lift is far quicker/torquier then car will regain better with turbo at lower levels making for a far more exciting drive id say hence why cars like ariel, tvr etc are so rapid and exciting on delivery of power from nothing. A far higher powered car will waltz away from u if hes got good handling as per trophy or cup, sure ull match him but then hell lift quicker out of corners whislt ur watching rev counter waiting on rev band!!

just my tuppence worth anyways and 250bhp is about max frontwhell drive will take anyways ..im sure would make for a pretty handy car :D

Reaction score
i agree the clio is flat in places and a low pressure turbo will get rid of that but £5k is alot of cash to spend on a hot hatch.
imo fwd cars have had enough power at 220 bhp no matter how much they try and harness the power.
250 bhp results in the pants new astra gsi and the silly alfa thing.
Imo of course!

Reaction score
maybe ur right but would be fun lol actually the astra u refer to ..i dont know if you read details on it as clarkson slagged it however the press loved it so i wouldnt believe all you read on it as lotus desinged torque steer into the car delib ! either way im sure would liven it up no end

maybe too quick for wee car but i ddi try the megane 225 b4 the clio and differance in accelration maybe what points me in this direction :D