BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Well, after 3 years of dreaming I finally bought my own Canoe :D.
I was a bit sceptical about putting a Canoe on the roof of the little Clio but it holds it very well, surprisingly. It does draw a lot of attention and I have to admit it does look pretty funny.

The little Clio has a whole world of uses!

DSC03801.jpg

DSCF3922.jpg

DSCF3925.jpg

DSCF3918.jpg

DSCF3914.jpg

Some say that I like the colour Red, or that I bought it in Red just so it matched the Trophy ;-)

Ben

Reaction score
Bigger than the Cup spoiler that's for sure! Is that Coniston Water? Looks so serene. The Lakes is one of my favourite places and has great roads, Kirkstone Pass and Hardknott Pass are just mad!

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Bigger than the Cup spoiler that's for sure! Is that Coniston Water? Looks so serene. The Lakes is one of my favourite places and has great roads, Kirkstone Pass and Hardknott Pass are just mad!

Yep, thats Coniston Lake. It was a perfect day for canoeing the water was flat calm. I often drive past the lake, some days I look across and its like a mirror and I used to think 'I wish I had a Canoe!'

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
That looks like fun, what sort of canoe is it and what would one cost?

It's a Nova Craft PAL 16 with wooden trim (optional) and it cost me £1530 with 11% off. Its made from Royalex Light and it weighs 26KG so I have no problem carrying it on my own. The cheaper Canoes that are around the £700+ range are made from a plastic material and they weigh around 36KG which is a bit too heavy for someone of my size. The wooden trim was a £270 option but it looked so nice I couldn't resist :) .

Reaction score
Loving the first picture :D

Very nice canoes those nova craft, paddled a few of them myself, looks like a very nice day and place for a paddle!!