Trophy turbo for sale 260-320bhp 42k £7000

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I am 50/50 about this but if I get a genuine buyer I will let it go. this car is now a pleasure to have and not a need. I have a brand new car I use. And I feel it could be enjoyed more with someone with less commitments than myself.
I still keep in touch with previous owner as he still loves car, helps with anything I need to know. So I think wherever the car goes his number come with it lol.
Anyway here is some of the spec
Cars engine was rebuilt at 34k,( I bought car sept 13 was on 35k)
Now sits on 42k
Megane r26r hybrid turbo, fitted with forge actuator and recirc valve,
Quaife helical diff and rebuilt gearbox with solid mount.
Ktr engine mounts
Megane ktr steel Pistons and rods(34k)
Megane ktr injectors and rail
Walbro fuel pump in ph1 in tank set up with return.
Gen90 ecu with licence dongle , ( remapped on your laptop or any good tuner.)
Carbon Lorraine discs and pads. Ds2500 ferodo fitted at present.
Ketch stealth cat back exhaust
Rear sach shocks new 2013?
Front shocks rebuilt unlocked and depinned by BG,
Pilot 3 new tyres fitted to front,
Think you can imagine car cost few quid to bring to this spec,
Turbo wAs 1k, ecu was 1.2k with dongle, diff was 1k and the car is in very good condition for 10years old

£7000 ovno( I mean very :) )

Mot is sept,
This car is strong, but I still drive it with mechanical sympathy, depending where boost is set by controller, torque is around 300-400lb/ft
Basically if you drive it like you stole it, you would need to fix it, but if you are less aggressive with it, it will look after your pennies. It's a quick car which ever way you drive it. Overtaking in 5th gear is like any other car in 3rd. Really moves.
I have advertised only on here because I and old owner would like it to go to someone that will care for it. Not some pistonheads buyer that's going to rag it up and down some sea front at night making YouTube videos or wreck it at Santa pod.
Thanks for looking
a221610d97156920121796149d5cfdc3.jpg
0b7b14bad1c4398f7afbe859e001b0b2.jpg
f9c3b74cc9a2c84c217f3ce4ae4b6af7.jpg
9c487a2e66c7801c7a4407e4c8a31957.jpg
737a10ab20ce0bcb4ea14cb9f12a69ec.jpg

Last edited:
Reaction score
I am 3rd owner, steering wheel is still like new.
And car is no. 471

Reaction score
Hmmm Tempting but having two Turbo Trophy's is being Greedy.

I think if someone swapped the Turbo to a Garrett Turbo it would reduce the amount of torque and increase the longevity and reliability of the gearbox.
The lad who originally done the conversion was messaging me at one point on CS about it. It still makes me smile about the original power claims for this car, its basically a fully forged megane hybrid engine, all meganes manage about 320bhp and 375lbft yet Ktec claimed you could turn the boost up and make 400bhp and 500lbft lol

Personally I think it's a good buy, good look with the sale.

Reaction score
With respect to the power increase, I think it's putting the variable valve s and a twin scroll hybrid turbo together that makes the power. I think megane engine is just a 2l turbo. But that's what I was told not sure if it's right.

Also I would love to advertise the car for more but I remember when I bought it everyone was shocked at £10k price tag.
And I don't want weeks of it for sale. It's a great car. I just want it sold with out too much time wasting. And if it don't sell I thought of leaving it in my garage for 10 years.

Reaction score
I know of meganes (plus F4RT powered Clio's and Renault fives) with 182 cams in them, ran in both the advanced and retarded positions and it doesn't make much difference. The new megane has both wilder cams and incremental VVT not the basic switch on a 182. I'm sure that will of been the sales pitch from Ktec when the work was being done.

My little brother might be interested, obviously service history is redundant as its a had a rebuild. What mileage are you changing the oil at?

Reaction score
I was doing a 3k change. And to be honest it has history to 35k prob do with a change now. But that's me being fussy.

Reaction score
Car is in North Norfolk, near Fakenham, sitting in the garage
Looking pretty ;)
44b19b7419e07952941aa53dbdd7dfee.jpg

Reaction score
The car is still for sale but can I just add that I am not willing to drop my price to cover travelling costs? Food, Road tax? Insurance? Next oil change? Mot? Never done this in the past lol.
I have listed this cheap for a quick sale. Not a desperate sale.
Won't argue power claims and what mods do and don't do. How great or not great Ktec are,
It's turbo' d and goes very quick.
Thanks for looking :)

Reaction score
Couple mate. Got one bloke interest from Scotland but it's good distance and I need to do some video clips, etc. when I get a chance I shall sort that out. Been busy.

Reaction score
No still got it but it's a 50/50 thing , keep it sell it?? Do I need it? I do love it tho. Lots of things I want , a proper go-kart, Moto x, bike licence and a R6 moving to R1 ? Something else to sit in the garage? Evo or old rs ford?
We never grow up do we lol

Reaction score
I think it looks like a great car for the spec and would have jumped if it had been available last feb. as you say it's the right car for the right buyer, just might take a bit of time for the two to meet. Anyone buying a highly modded car needs to reset their maintence costs and reliability expectations. That's not meaning any disrespect at all to this car, it stands for anything once you start properly tinkering past an exhaust and a filter.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I think it looks like a great car for the spec and would have jumped if it had been available last feb. as you say it's the right car for the right buyer, just might take a bit of time for the two to meet. Anyone buying a highly modded car needs to reset their maintence costs and reliability expectations. That's not meaning any disrespect at all to this car, it stands for anything once you start properly tinkering past an exhaust and a filter.

Cheers buddy,

Reaction score
No still got it but it's a 50/50 thing , keep it sell it?? Do I need it? I do love it tho. Lots of things I want , a proper go-kart, Moto x, bike licence and a R6 moving to R1 ? Something else to sit in the garage? Evo or old rs ford?
We never grow up do we lol

well he had not sold it 4 days ago.....

Status
Not open for further replies.