Trophy Speedline Turini's

Reaction score
Hi all,

i am the proud new owner of a Trophy! However it doesn't have the correct Turini alloys.

Please can someone help me out as it's going to drive me insane!

45 offset please, someone has already tried to pie me with a set from a 172 cup:p

Cheers!

Badger

Reaction score
Welcome aboard Badger, I can't remember the last time I saw a set of genuine Trophy Turinis for sale but fingers crossed something turns up.

I appreciate you probably want OEM but it wouldn't hurt too much to get a tatty set of Cup Turinis and have them refurbished, although colour-match might be a challenge.

Failing that I've seen a Trophy on mint Cup Turinis and thought it looked really fresh on silver rims.

Reaction score
Thank you!

The car has 15" Speedline 2118's and I really don't like them, I didn't want to miss the car for the wheels though as it ticked every other box.

i can get a set of cup Turini' without too much bother but won't the different offset cause me an issue?

cheers for your replies.

Badger

Reaction score
It will be a wider track by 13mm. Not sure what the impact will be but it certainly won't scrub or anything like that.

I've recently been running gold Cup Turinis along with 25mm spacers without any noticeable issues, albeit just for month or two / 500 miles.

2118s should fetch good money - they're a desirable wheel.

Reaction score
Yeah I've no doubt I will be able to sell them without a problem, they have Pilots with half the life left in them too!
Fingers crossed I find some!

cheers

Reaction score
Trophy No.
So in theory a trophy on cup turinis should handle pretty well with the +13mm track width ?? Anyone tried this ?? Better than running spacers !

Reaction score
The Trophy is an outstanding handling car out of the factory. Personally I wouldn't be able to tell the difference of a few millimetres extra track width, for me spacers/different offset was more for filling the arches than anything else.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Agreed.. On the road it's tough to feel a big difference but it's there... On the track will be a different story, wider front track will reduce under steer .. But then again so will lower tyre pressure or more camber.. That's why race cars need endless testing to find just a few tenths of a second a lap.. I'd be interested to try Cup fronts with trophy rears to see how that felt....

Reaction score
They come up quite often, it's just a case of hanging on, I sold a spare set a few weeks ago, most trophy owners have a couple of spares, you will get some just sit tight

Reaction score
Claude makes the most valid point, I'm not concerned about improving the handling as that's what the car is all about to begin with. I want the identity of it being a Trophy so Turini's are important.
Sounds like having cup Turinis will won't be a problem. So either way I need some!!

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Congratulations on the purchase :)

Regarding Turinis, I have a set of Trophy and Cup offset Turinis and have not been able to notice any difference in handling and performance.