Trophy Recaro seats

Reaction score
Hi all, I have taken my interior out whilst more work is being completed, so I’m taking this as an opportunity to give it all a thourough cleaning.

Whilst cleaning I have found this cable under the seat, it was like that when I took the seats out, but I’m confused as to what it does and if it should be disconnected at one end as the other end goes into the depths of the seat.

Any ideas?

Attachments

• 5F7AFECC-FFC2-46D4-935C-100AE8CC0833.jpeg
    5F7AFECC-FFC2-46D4-935C-100AE8CC0833.jpeg
    374 KB · Views: 43
Reaction score
Hi mate,
That’s the tilt and slide cable. It is normally mounted into the runners but often breaks.

When new if you tilted the seat forward you could auto slide it to help getting in the back.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
On one of my seats the tilt / slide doesn't work so I guess it's this cable? Can it be re-attached? If not, whats the repair?

Reaction score
There’s two ends. One is hooked into the pivot point of the chair. So when the chair tips it pulls the cable.

The other as per the pic is attached to the runners

Reaction score
Guess depends what went wrong. The section at the rails has a Baltic locator .. that usually snaps.

Sometimes the cable snaps.

The section attached to the seat enquires the seat stripping to relocate. Replacements.. don’t know. The z shaped end in the seat is similar to a lawnmower throttle cable.

Reaction score
Fantastic, thanks for the help! Now to see if can fix it all, as the whole time I’ve owned the car I’ve had to move the seat forward then fold it.

Reaction score
Yeah Rich, your plastic locator looks snapped. This sits in a metal guide you will see on the seat rail.

Ps.. white cloth and clean water only is massively therapeutic at wiping the the seats clean.

Reaction score
Indeed, cleaning an interior is a satisfying job. The colour of the water that came out was rancid!

Reaction score
Hi is it possible for somebody to measure the side bit that looks like a lawnmower end as mine is missing and would like to try and repair rather than pay £130 and have to take the seat out.

Reaction score
Hi, anybody can send pictures of genuine trophy recaros, with this cable? I want fit recaros on my clio with this for tilted the seat forward and could auto slide it to help getting in the back.