Reaction score
i've never clayed a car before and wasn't confident enough to try it for the first time on the Trophy. also i wanted the paintwork correcting - especially on the bonnet. so i decided to get it done professionally.

after looking around on the web i selected Gary Funnell from the aptly named Refined Reflections - and boy am i glad i did. the results are stunning. i've had 262 from new and it's never looked this good. car now looks shiny, wet and very reflective. it's like looking in a red mirror!

let me know what you think.

http://www.refinedreflections.co.uk/ren ... rophy.html

Reaction score
That does look absolutely stunning

I noticed some quite bad swirl marks on my roof yesterday when washing the car

Reaction score
Permagard comes up like that every time its washed, well worth it even if it does cost a wee bit more 8)

Reaction score
as said, what sort of price are we talking?

would be very interested.

only problem is, if i got it done, i think i would like it so much that i think i would become a clean freak. I love a clean car and the trophy is washed regularly, but it does get dirty through country roads etc. I never want to be too scared to get it dirty, i want to drive it wherever the country roads take me.!

Reaction score
£180 for 1st application of Permagard (depending on age/mileage/paint condition) then approx £90 annually to top up.

Reaction score
I have clayed and removed defects with a pc machine after getting advice from detailing worlds web site and its a lot easy than it looks and is very satisfying at the end . On the down side it did take me 8 hours .

Reaction score
Trophy No.
nig63 said:
On the down side it did take me 8 hours .

I often find about 4 hours have disappeared just washing and cleaning i hate to think how long it would take to polish/pc :shock:

G

Lots of metal polish and a toothbrush. 'How do you know?', I hear you ask. Here is a picture from my sad anal car cleaning days (not detailing - I refuse to call it that). The exhaust from my old Racing Puma. Not cool. :lol:
DSC00826v2.jpg

Reaction score
Talking of sad my wife caught me with my number plates off to clean behind them :oops:

Reaction score
Hey I thought my 2 hours of cleaning was bad - but osme of the above replies are crazy!

Think I will get 176 stone chips and scratches all done together with permeguard at end of summer. Or rather when I can afford!

Reaction score
Trophy No.
trophy176 said:
Hey I thought my 2 hours of cleaning was bad - but osme of the above replies are crazy!

Think I will get 176 stone chips and scratches all done together with permeguard at end of summer. Or rather when I can afford!

Yeah i know it's a bit anal (copyright david87) but hey i enjoy it. Good job the car's only small :)

Reaction score
There was something about this on pistonheads. Someone was saying that detailing is defined by cleaning a car to unessecary levels, and giving it a bloody good clean is what most people do.

Reaction score
Shabba said:
depending on age/mileage/paint condition

Excuse my ignorance but does this mean to say that the initial Permaguard treatment will also include repairing the paintwork until it's "as new", prior to applying it?

i.e. if I go to a Permaguard supplier and give them however much they charge to do so, they'll fix my bumper/bonnet paint chips, remove the swirls, and then Permaguard the car?

I'm seriously considering getting it done but was going to repair the paint chips myself first (properly, I've been given some tuition ;)). Any advice is greatly appreciated :)