Reaction score
Yes, the unthinkable is happening, I'm buying a flat as some of you know and the second love of my life is up for sale. Everyone who's seen this car knows that this is silly money but it's going to Steve at allvehicles at the start of next week so it will go to a lucky new owner for slightly more than the trade in value.

I am the car's third owner, the first owner had it Permagarded, did about 1,700 miles in it then sold it to a rich guy who looked at on his drive for about a week, added another 200 miles then sold it to Steve at allvehicles. The rest of the car's history is documented on here in what is probably the most thorough automotive diary of a car on the web today. So you will know that it's been cherished and looked after with no expense spared on servicing (Ren-Tech) and oil (Silkolene Pro S) and that it's never seen a trackday, much to my dismay. It has had it's Permagard annual service treatment done in London (Cost - £200) and looks better than when it left the factory gates, with only a few stone chips on close inspection that show it's been on the road.

The sale includes the one-off custom embroidered mats from Autostyle, ITG replacement panel filter, wiper stalk conversion, Brembo HC discs and Ferodo DS2500 pads, the brake fluid was replaced at fitment of these along with the suspension geometry being checked and found to be spot on. All four tyres have loads of tread left, the fronts being replaced recently. The current oil and oil filter has done 5,300 miles.

I will be absolutely gutted to see it go, it has been an absolute joy with only the alarm problem (now fixed) and the gear gaiter (replaced today) in the way of faults in the 15 months of ownership. I need every penny for the flat deposit and I'm working my socks off with private jobs so have exhausted every alternate revenue avenue (so to speak).

Offers welcome, viewing in the evening is possible and highly recommended, PM me for my telephone number/address.

Attachments

• 298_01.jpg
    298_01.jpg
    805.9 KB · Views: 302
  • 298_02.jpg
    298_02.jpg
    715.5 KB · Views: 301
  • 298_03.jpg
    298_03.jpg
    632.6 KB · Views: 300
  • 298_04.jpg
    298_04.jpg
    644.7 KB · Views: 300
  • 298_05.jpg
    298_05.jpg
    627.1 KB · Views: 300
Reaction score
Sorry to read this Steve :( However I'm happy for you that you're buying a flat (although you can't drive a flat and you can sleep in a car...) :p

Nice photos by the way... hope she sells quickly :)

Cheers
O.

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

First oliie, then Chief, then Gaz, even Nik... but I never thought you'd be next..... There should be some government support or something to stop this from happening..... :cry:

Reaction score
Trophy No.
I'm really sorry to hear this Steve, but sometimes other things just have to take priority and i'm certain you would have tried as hard as you could to keep it, you must be pretty sad. :(

Reaction score
i reckon it won't take long for Steve to reappear with a 172 Cup, stripped out with some tasty mods....

sad to see you selling up but can understand why you need to, and i know you'll stick around! :D

Reaction score
:shock: Did not think this would actually happen, as you always seem to be able to talk yourself round into keeping it! :wink:

Best of luck with the sale, and with the flat purchase! :D

Reaction score
Trophy No.
oliie said:
(although you can't drive a flat and you can sleep in a car...) :p

O.

Ollie is bang on here steve. Sad to see your letting her go, hope you will still be making the odd list on the forum.

Reaction score
Nein! Nein! Nein!

I'm speechless :shock: What are you going to replace it with Steve - if anything? Good luck with the flat purchase though, have you bought a place or are you just about to?

I'll take that Richbrook gearknob off your hands if you plan to stick to your original plan of fitting an OEM one for sale time? I'll give it a good home ;)

Reaction score
Thanks Cue I know but don't really mind, i just pasted it from my thread on here.

I'd just like to say that I posted a link to the site on ClioSport just now as I thought why not, and I'd almost forgotten what a crop of ignorant fuckpigs there are on there, I got a tirade of abuse about it being overpriced and not a silly price at all. It reminded me of what a lovely place this is and how much I will miss it, obviously I will still visit from time to time but my god am I glad I'll never have a reason to visit ClioSport ever again. I've never heard of a one make forum who detest their cars so much! They'll all bitter about having to punt around in rusting old valvers and never have a kind word to say about the Trophy.

Nigel, one of the moderators is really nice though, he sent me a polite PM about not putting FOR SALE posts in the General section and apologized for the pointless shitty remarks from the resident trolls.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Steve, they have also moved it where the sun don't shine. It's not in for sale section.

Reaction score
hoolio said:
Steve, they have also moved it where the sun don't shine. It's not in for sale section.

being a non-member Steve can't post in the for sale section so they'll have deleted the thread

Reaction score
I'm sure you could help him out though Gareth being the helpful chap that you are? :wink:

Reaction score
Yeh, Nigel had to delete it, it broke too many rules. Only members can sell cars on their site. Rubbish I say, they called me a cheapskate for not coughing up a fiver, er...surely that's the point of a forum - free advertising to like-minded enthusiasts. What would they know anyway, half of them seem to think that you type by rubbing your face on the keyboard - judging by the random strings of characters that find their way onto your thread. I'm surprised that they can crawl up high enough to use one at all really.

Reaction score
Good luck Steve, looks like the end of an era in Brighton!! We're just about to halve the population of Trophy's! :(

Whereabout's are you buying a flat? When do you fancy going for a spin?

Reaction score
Gareth - cheers buddy, that's very kind of you, the links to the pictures are;

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/largep ... model=clio

Olly - You're right, how weird we're both jumping ship at the same time, makes me feel better about it actually, I don't want to keep seeing a Trophy about and having to wipe a tear from my eye.

Flat is in Whistler Court on Preston Park Avenue, has a balcony overlooking the park, oak flooring and a ceiling mounted projector that they're leaving, I love it.

I'm stupidly busy this week with private jobs, Em's birthday and sorting the car so can we possibly go for a spin next week? I might have something you'll want to go for a spin in too...