Reaction score
Trophy No.
........have had a very frustrating few weeks after the T was finally paid for outright. I think it's just been a month of 'doom' but hopefully the rectification and replacement of various components will see the T right as rain!

It started off with a very continuous issue with my Janspeed exhaust. A stunning system, silenced mid section perfect for my daily commute. After speaking with a friend the rear 'U' clamp was rusted through offering little to no clamp whatsoever. Replaced FOC I thought that would be the end....but sadly it wasn't!!

Within a few days my heater blower motor failed in it's entirety. Removed the motor, quick clean and spray with some electrical cleaner and right as rain!

A week or so later, my stereo gave up the ghost. I have no idea why, and it has happened twice, but has been working ever since. Not the end of the world, but I'm one of these who prefers original equipment.

MOT fail - rear brake pads and a steering rack gaiter. Again, not the end of the world but more expense. It was pointed out that I should replace the front pads, which I did. It was going swimmingly until the jacking point gave way to slightly scratch the sill. Since then, my friend has made me the tubing pieces to strengthen the 'cheese' sills.

Back to the exhaust, and low and behold, it's rattling and clanking constantly. A new cat to manifold kit, and a further 'U' clamp, and the system is back to it's glory days as fitted 4 years ago. Great work by Pro-Tyre at only a marginal cost. The car sounds smooth again, and hopefully this will be the end of a months worth of pain!

Reaction score
When you consider the car is now nearly 10 years old, it's not doing too bad and faults you describe are fairly minor. Hopefully now that it's sorted, it'll give you a few more years of trouble free motoring.

Reaction score
Just stick with it mate, keep plodding thru the problems. I know most people fix a shed load of problems then sell because they think it's a bad luck car. Then the car is fine for the next owner for years! Annoying lol

Never let something broke go too long, fix things soon as they need doing is possible.
Can be annoying at mot time, even more so if its road tax renewal too! Expensive!!