BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
I went for a 360 Health Test today at Nuffield in Manchester. When I left I walked up to my car and saw this .....

DSC03815.jpg

DSC03816.jpg

DSC03814.jpg

DSC03813.jpg

DSC03817.jpg

As you can see they went for the glove box. I'm sure they were looking for my Sat-Nav, there was nothing of any value in my glovebox and nothing was taken from the car which i'm thankful for, there was a very expensive jacket on the passenger seat. This was done on the 'Media City car park' in Salford Queys.

The police came and did their business as did CSI and I phoned Auto Glass who arrived in 5 minutes with a new window and fitted it pretty sharpish, then I was on my way back to Cumbria :D.

I hate Cities!

Renaultsport

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Shite. Sorry to hear that mate. Glad you got a new window fitted quickly. There are some scumbags out there!

Reaction score
Trophy No.
That's such a sh*t Ben, same thing happened to me when the ex was up at umist, at least there was not any serious damage.

Reaction score
Christ. There are some tossers around. Glad to hear nothing was taken and it was all sorted quickly. Glass cleared up at the same time?

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Ye I can't believe nothing was taken. Tw**s ! :evil:

There was a guy with an Audi behind me who had his broken into too, they got away with his Sat-Nav and mobile phone.

I was well impressed with how quick auto glass sorted it out and they cleaned up all the glass in the car and all the pieces which had dropped inside the door, they did it through the insurance but I had to pay £50 excess. It rained shortly after and I had to get to Cumbria so I was glad it was done there and then :D .

There are some very small marks on the paint where the fine glass shards have landed but hopefully they should machine polish out. Will the fine shards rinse off with water or snow foam you think? They seem to stick to the paint.

Reaction score
Sorry to see shit like that happening to you Ben, but atleast it all got sorted very well by sounds of it.

I'd try snowfoam few times.

Reaction score
Tossers indeed. Same happened to my Mrs's old Polo when we were up in Manchester a few years back. Stayed in a posh hotel who valet parked our car in the Ghetto by the sounds of it. Went to leave and were informed the car had been broken into, again nothing was taken. Only plus side was the Feds actually caught the little monkey as they were running a sting on the car park (thanks for using our car as bait). Had to give statements etc then never heard anything more on it. You were lucky with the window, we got let down badly and had to stay another night in the hotel at our own cost as there was no glass available for her model of Polo... Still ended up getting it perspexed and driving home like it, not a short journey at 4 hours too. So all in all a total ballache and a bad mark next to the city break.

So, glad you got it sorted so quickly and gutted it even happened in the first place. Just not fair.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
What shits, complete waste of your time and money.

If you havent already had the glass replaced may be worth giving your winder mech a lube.

Hope it's sorted ASAP.

Reaction score
Thats shit!! at least they just did your window, on one of my old cars they peeled the door like an orange to get in

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
This sort of thing is rare where I live so it seems unbelievable that people have such cheek to do this in the middle of the day in an open view car park. Of course they get away with it because who in the right mind is going to stop some thug on the run.
I also noticed the Trophy does not have dead-locks on the doors which means thieves can open the door by smashing the window and opening the door from the inside. The alarm sound is fairly loud though compared to the Audi's alarm which may as well not have one.

I've been lucky really and it's been an eye opener, removing any sign of sat-nav and not leaving valuables in the car and especially on view is the best way to deter thieves, something I take for granted where I live but will not be doing in future.

Reaction score
Might be worth leaving the glove box open (with nothing in it) so any would be robbing bstard can see, without smashing the side window, that there's nothing to nick! Shouldn't have to resort to such measures really - sign o the times....

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
hospital car parks are the worst places unfortunately, druggies playgrounds looking for their next quick earner. We can now defend our homes - how long before it extends to our property...

Reaction score
That's a bummer Ben , glad it's sorted out.
Thought that it was dying out breaking into cars, years ago I had one nicked which I never saw again and the replacement went inside a month luckily the fire brigade put out the fire ?! which ment 6 months in a garage waiting to be retrimmed :-/
Anyway have you had yours mapped yet ?

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Finally!!!!!! then we can go for a good blast out

Tell me about it! Just had the geometry sorted too after a camber bolt came loose, it's never felt so good :D

I'm off all weekend if you fancy a run out?