Reaction score
For sale is 4 trophy alloy wheels with centre caps and toyo r888 tyres.

these wheels are in 'NEW' condition with only 1000 miles covered on the tyres. please contact me at graham_ccm@tiscali.co.uk for further details

£600 collected. Courier will be £40.

thanks
graham

PS- picture shows old tyres, not the R888's.

Attachments

• SSA50184 (Large).JPG
    SSA50184 (Large).JPG
    196.3 KB · Views: 64

DMC

Reaction score
For these or similar with good quality track tyres I will pay 400 quid+delivery.

Let me know if any of you guys are interested.

DMC

Reaction score
Well K-Tec sell a whole set of brand new ones with tyres for 593.38 quid..
And that's with Toyo T-1S fitted.. without any club discounts or whatever.

440 quid net to me sounds like a good bid in my opinion.

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
the tyres alone will be worth £250 ish. Personally i'd use 15" wheels on the track, they allow for a better gearing ratio rev per rev, there's a better choice of tyre available and they're a re darn site cheaper when they do need replacing (and as they're track wheels that'll be often).

These would be great as a summer set of wheels though 8)

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
DMC said:

yeh those aren't et45 iirc.

these would represent a good alternative as a competitive 16" track wheel bang for your buck http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=342003

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Cue said:
DMC said:

yeh those aren't et45 iirc.

these would represent a good alternative as a competitive 16" track wheel bang for your buck http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=342003

That's what i meant.

Reaction score
Thanks Hoolio :D

So basically the K tec ones are not the exact OEM wheel as fitted to the Trophy (I think I am right in saying that) which to me makes the original post a reasonable price.

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
the k-tec ones are just speedline turini's in anthracite, Reno Speedline Turini's for the Trophy and Cup were special order. They cost around £500 iirc from speedline to buy or £130 ish from Reno, that's without tyres.

Assuming you can get R888's for around the £250 figure a brand new set of Trophy turini's plus R888's would set you back around the £750 mark.

So I'd have thought £600 wouldn't be that far out for a partially used set. Good value if you ask me.

£400 as an offer would represent just the wheels imo. - which is less than 5% of what some Trophy's are being sold for at the moment.... which is why i think the cost of a trophy is ridiculously cheap at the moment - the suspension is £3k for a start!

Reaction score
Luke335 said:
Graham,
How much tread is there left on the tyres? Where are you based?

i'm based in hythe, kent. CT21 area. The tyres have only covered a genuine 1000 miles. They are as close to new like the wheels. £600 is a very good price so please will everyone stop offering pitence

DMC

Reaction score
Hey Graham, no offence intended, I gave you what I think is a fair bid for the wheels and used tyres.
If it's not to your liking i'm sorry and i'm sure you'll find someone who has a different idea of value to me.
best of luck with the sale..

Cheers
DMC