Reaction score
Hey ladies and gents

I used to own clio trophy number 411 from when it was about 6 months old and had it for about 4 years. It was THE GREATEST CAR and I loved every second of owning it!! It never ever failed to make my face split in two with a grin the size of the grand canyon and I miss having it every single day.

I traded it in for a SEAT Leon FR TdI at a SEAT dealers in yorkshire as marriage and responsibility beckoned.

I have looked for the car nearly every week since to see where it went to praying it went to a good home.

Just wondered who had it these days and if it was as immaculate as when I had it??

My now plaything is a nice original 1999 subaru impreza turbo 2000 but I still miss the three wheeled fun of the clio trophy!!!!

Best handling hot hatch ever????

Andrew

Reaction score
As someone in another forum once said "buying your old car back is like going out with your first girlfriend again after she has had a few children, put on kilos, and slept with half the village" or something along these lines.

I made this "mistake" with my first 205 GTi, sold it only to buy it back a few years later due to the good memories I had in it but unfortunately the car wasn't the same, the engine didn't pull that well.

I suspect the garage that did the cambelt didn't time it correctly. Not the end of the world though.

The second mistake I made was to sell it again when we relocated; after about a year I had withdrawal symptoms and asked a friend of mine to build me an identical one which was a money pit unfortunately.

I am sure I will regret selling my FSTi but needs must/looking to downsize, I am in the hunt for a Trophy or Cup myself that should hopefully restore the smile in my face.

Reaction score
Ha ha!! Know exactly what you mean and don't think id own it again. Id just like to see it again and see if its still being looked after.
I can't recommend the trophy enough!!!! Best fun on three wheels!!!!