Reaction score
Having owned 259 for 6 weeks or so but spent 4 weeks of that abroad working, it was time to sort out the front end of the car. The fog lights were missing and the splitter a mess.

1363 (Large).jpg

1365 (Large).jpg

1366 (Large).jpg

I fitted some new Fog Lights and a Seat Splitter to refresh the front end. I am happy with the result.

1380 (Large).jpg

1381 (Large).jpg

Whilst I was under the bonnet, I removed the Bonnet Catch and Secondary Latch, put through the Dishwasher and greased up. I also cleaned up the slam panel behind the bumper and the Wheel Arch liners as they were pretty mucky.

1368 (Large).jpg 1369 (Large).jpg

Attachments

• 1363.jpg
    1363.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 49
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Much tidier. I cannot believe the state of the bonnet catch and striker.

Reaction score
Car looks much better now but I kinda liked those fog light cold air feeds :)

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Reaction score
Washer Jets...

Just replaced the rubbish standard Washer Jets with these:

1417 (Large).jpg

1418 (Large).jpg

This is a worthwhile enhancement for around £6 delivered.

The Pipes just pull off the back of the old ones, the old ones just push out and the new ones just clip in... 5 minutes.

[video=youtube_share;c7MUPNWBcOY]http://youtu.be/c7MUPNWBcOY[/video]

Reaction score
Perfect, thanks. Next time that exhaust mount breaks I will go for this one. Also bought new rear exhaust hangers and a new CAT to Downpipe seal kit. I will get round to all this shortly.

Reaction score
Exhaust Mounting Refurb Cont...

So after replacing the Centre Exhaust Hanger that was an MOT advisory I noticed when I purchased the car, i observed the exhaust blowing and on inspection everything Manifold back looked a bit rough.

I know the previous owner had fitted a decat but removed before sale... When the CAT was re-fitted the old gaskets, etc had been used.

I ordered the Manifold to CAT Genuine Renault Kit + a new CAT to Centre Section Clamp, along with some high Temp Silicone.

1436 (Large).jpg

On close inspection of the current Manifold to CAT joint, I noticed no springs and a total bodge.... This was leaking badly. There was also a small blow from the CAT to Centre Section.

1433 (Large).jpg 1432 (Large).jpg

So I removed the CAT Completely, cleaned everything up and checked over the CAT which seemed to be in good condition with no cracks, which I had been worried about.

I re-fitted the CAT with the correct Manifold to CAT kit and new CAT to Centre Section clamp, using plenty of silicone on the latter.

1434 (Large).jpg 1435 (Large).jpg 1438 (Large).jpg 1441 (Large).jpg

1448 (Large).jpg 1443 (Large).jpg 1444 (Large).jpg 1447 (Large).jpg

I then fired the car up and there were no leaks, the Yozzasport sounded so much better and I was very happy.

At this point, my wife went into labour with my new Son so I quickly cleaned up and went to the hospital. A few hours later I was a proud father.

1450 (Large).jpg

Attachments

• 1442 (Large).jpg
    1442 (Large).jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 15
  • 1445 (Large).jpg
    1445 (Large).jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 14
  • 1446 (Large).jpg
    1446 (Large).jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
Reaction score
Exhaust Refurb Continued...

So a few days on and things have settled down, so it was time to re-visit the exhaust.

It was clear to see the Twin pipes were not hanging correctly.

1467 (Large).jpg

And on inspection, the reason was clear to see.

1469 (Large).jpg 1468 (Large).jpg

So I fitted 2 new rear hangers.

1470 (Large).jpg

Which sorted out the look and fixing of the exhaust and was a really easy job.

1473 (Large).jpg

So now I have effectively replaced just about everything manifold back and exhaust looks and sounds great.