Reaction score
I had hoped it wouldn't come to this but due to work going tits up - redundancies, hours being cut etc etc, my beloved Trophy is going up for sale.
Anyway enough of the sob story and a bit about the car:

2005 / 05 reg
I'm the second owner - I bought it at 5 months old with 1800 miles on the clock
31000 miles
Taxed until the end of August
MOT until the middle of August
Full Miltek cat back system - the only departure from standard
Serviced every 12 months - oil and filter change every 6 months
Fed only on V-Power
Apart from a few stone chips the bodywork is spot on - no parking dings or scratches - wheels have never been kerbed
Front tyres are only a few months old - rears are the originals but have got loads of tread left

Minus points:
Dampers haven't been serviced and due the cambelt service in August - hence the fair price of £6250 - I know how much these jobs cost and would be asking for a lot more if they had been done.

PM me for anymore info and I'll give my phone number to anyone who wants to know more

Cheers

Drew

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Shame to hear. I suppose the belts and dampers would add another £1k which values it at 7250 which I think is still a little cheap for a 31k miler with that history.

Reaction score
Hoolio

I could have asked for a bit more but I think the price is fair enough for a quickish sale - I'm not desperate but could have my hours cut again or worse!!

Cheers

Drew

Reaction score
Drew,
Sorry to hear that the T has to go due to bad times at work. Even though I got rid of N0. 440 a while back I know how you feel. I lost my job just before Christmas and am struggling to find another. And now another one of the Congleton (and district) Trophy owners club bites the dust.

Hope things work out on the job front, mate

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Drew196 said:
Hoolio

I could have asked for a bit more but I think the price is fair enough for a quickish sale - I'm not desperate but could have my hours cut again or worse!!

Drew, no criticism just my way of trying to offer a little support and to confirm to anyone that "I" think it's good value.

Reaction score
A sad day but 196 is now sold :(
Rick,the chap who's bought her,seems a top bloke and is a bit of a hot hatch enthusiast so I'm sure she'll be well looked after.

Mick, sorry to hear about the job - hope you get sorted soon.
I'll be gutted the first time one of the Congleton Trophies drives past me.

Hoolio, didn't think for minute you were criticising - you're right it is good value and Rick's got a bit of a bargain but I needed to sell fairly quickly so I priced to sell.