Trophy #073 - For sale through The Market

Reaction score
My Clio Trophy #73 (on 104,000 miles) is up for auction with the folks at The Market today with bidding closing next Friday evening (24th July).

https://themarket.co.uk/listings/re...5a3a7-0565-4835-9411-89e064cb56ea?status=live

The arrival of child number 3 means that it must now make way for the Seat Alhambra which has unceremoniously taken its place in the garage. Suffice to say they are quite different cars. The only redeeming factor of the big Seat is that it has Apple Carplay…. the fact it also fit’s the entire family in it with room for grandparents is arguably not really a positive.

That little red Clio was my last sanctuary.

Anyway, I’ve been impressed with the guys at The Market and they have done a fantastic job of describing, photographing and filming #73 so I won’t put all the details on here.

It’s just approaching 104,000 miles so if you are interested in buying an honest, well maintained Trophy which you can just enjoy driving then please pop over and have a look… or even better, make a cheeky bid!

For everyone else, it’s a ‘no reserve’ auction so will hopefully be interesting to see what the market for these wonderful little red cars is at present... the photography is also pretty impressive (it wasn't done by myself!) so well worth having a look at.

My short ownership has been a real pleasure and I do hope it’s next owner makes themselves known here too.

Best, Jon

Reaction score
Jeez....that’s some write up. A little too over the top for me but if it sells the car it’s done the job.

Reaction score
Indeed, they have some pretty unusual and exotic stuff on there which the effusive language probably suits a better than our humble Clios!

That being said they’ve done a much better job than I would have...