Treadline Leather Repairs

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Has anyone used a company to repair an open crack in the leather? I have a 10cm open crack on the driver side lower bolster nearest to the door. I’m struggling to find anyone around South Wales to do a mobile repair.

I’m undecided whether to get a repair or have the bolster reupholstered. It seems much easier to find someone to reupholster the seat/bolster than to fix the crack. I also have concerns about matching the leather and colour if I just had the bolster reupholstered. Does anyone have any advice or experience of getting this done?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
I’m interested in how you get this sorted, mine is the same, it’s not leather though is it?

MarcB

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
I would like to say that its not genuine leather used on the Recaro seats.

Its faux vinyl leather thats used on the seats , Give capital seating a call and see if they can help you out as they sell the fabric for the MK3 Recaro CS seats.

https://www.capitalseating.co.uk/renault-clio-trophy

Reaction score
Trophy No.
I’ve been asking around. No one will repair as it’s not leather apparently. It’s going to be difficult to get a match for the one panel so realistically the job will involve the whole seat or seats if you want it to match.

IRK

Reaction score
Trophy No.
I visited a trimmer local to me in the NE for the same issue. Matched up a vinyl swatch and quoted £120 to repair the panel. Didn’t mention any issues whatsoever.

Reaction score
I’ve been asking around. No one will repair as it’s not leather apparently. It’s going to be difficult to get a match for the one panel so realistically the job will involve the whole seat or seats if you want it to match.

Sounds like you are being fobbed off, any decent place could do that easy

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
It's a Recaro leather - faux leather but listed as leather and specific colour to Recaro.

Capital are the UK recaro repair centre and it's not too pricey to get it completely repaired. Think i've been quoted around £250 for a new complete refurb of my drivers seat base.