Track prepared trophy on piston heads

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Aaahh, every single argument and counter point you are ever likely to hear in one bite sized thread. Fun though with a lot of the stuff fitted that I would have liked to do when I had more money than sense.

Reaction score
Yeah I found it interesting reading the thread, it’s gone a bit far for my tastes but I’ve never been on track with my trophy

Reaction score
For me the best thing about the trophy was the accessible nature of its performance and handling on a country lane, that’s why I’ve kept mine, elevating those attributes takes it beyond me or the roads I drive on.

photo_ed

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Reading the comments on that thread reminded me why I very rarely go on the PH forums anymore. The now usual barrage of uninformed opinions and negativity, very few folk who frequent the place in more recent times have anything pleasant to say, constant bickering and oneupmanship.

Anyway. The car itself, I personally wouldn't have used a Trophy as a basis, but it looks to have been done very nicely and I'll bet on it being a very capable and fun thing, so fair enough.

NickReilly063

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Trophy No.
There sure are a lot of opinionated normans on the Pistonhead site Ed - they really have nothing nice to say about anything and don’t give any constructive feedback at all -

The car is a nice thing however if I wanted a modded Trophy I’d try and buy Brigsy’s Turbo one as it really is a piece of machinery - boost boost Jon 🚗🏆❤️

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
For me the best thing about the trophy was the accessible nature of its performance and handling on a country lane, that’s why I’ve kept mine, elevating those attributes takes it beyond me or the roads I drive on.
Aye, I fully agree. I’ve done a couple of track days in the Trophy and I had a brilliant time but nothing beats tackling a good B Road where it definitely feels more alive. Each to their own though and I bet the owner had a lot of enjoyment driving that around a circuit.

photo_ed

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Trophy No.
There sure are a lot of opinionated normans on the Pistonhead site Ed - they really have nothing nice to say about anything and don’t give any constructive feedback at all -

The car is a nice thing however if I wanted a modded Trophy I’d try and buy Brigsy’s Turbo one as it really is a piece of machinery - boost boost Jon 🚗🏆❤️
My favourite in the Brigsy stable is that crazy Kangoo Compact. That thing makes me laugh out loud every time I read an update, I secretly really want one... :D.

Reaction score
These comments made me smile...

Jon_S_Rally said:
I've done plenty of track days in Clios and have never spent "all day" with my indicator on. My 172 Cup more than held its own. The frustration in a Clio doesn't come from the lack of straight-line speed, but from constantly having to ease off through the corners because someone in something far more expensive and "better" is holding up your little French bean tin laugh.gif

I did a track day at the Ring last month almost all of us were in BMWs or Porsches. There was a chap with an old Clio who was absolutely stinking it round. We followed him deliberately for a lap as it was superb to watch.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
These comments made me smile...

Jon_S_Rally said:
I've done plenty of track days in Clios and have never spent "all day" with my indicator on. My 172 Cup more than held its own. The frustration in a Clio doesn't come from the lack of straight-line speed, but from constantly having to ease off through the corners because someone in something far more expensive and "better" is holding up your little French bean tin View attachment 33808

I did a track day at the Ring last month almost all of us were in BMWs or Porsches. There was a chap with an old Clio who was absolutely stinking it round. We followed him deliberately for a lap as it was superb to watch.

Assuming it was from the Destination Nurburgring trackday I was there (not in my car). The Trophy in question belonged to the owner of Harris Classics. We had a chuckle about his comment that even on the sighting laps he was going flat out and still holding up the GT3's warming up and going steady.

Telling he had a constant, massive grin on his face though!