nbc

Reaction score
Feet are itching again and it's the same old R26 that's causing it.

I've been offered a 6,000 mile R26 with xenons for an additional 5.5k with part/x on my 24k mint, new front PE2's, serviced, mot'd and taxed Trophy.

Shall I ???? Is it a [-X or a :wink:

Basically 8k for mine 13.5k for the R26.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
[-X Nah, i still think that's a sideways step. Now the R26.R, might be tempted by that.

Reaction score
I am an ex-trophy owner and a definately reckon the R26 is the next step from a Trophy.

I currently have my Type-R Civic for sale and will get an R26 as soon as funds are available. I am looking at 07 platers.

Max

Reaction score
I am constantly having the same dilemma. Have you thought about selling the Trophy privately and buying a cheaper R26? Making the price difference smaller?

S4M

Reaction score
Would the Trophy not be faster around a decent track ? Have allways wondered this. Great cars i have heard shame there ugly as sin :lol:

Reaction score
Well the dci megane is supposedly quicker round evo's track than the Trophy. If you look at torque figures that is probably correct. With the r26 you have an even harder setup and an lsd.

I ve drove a megane back to back against my old trophy (which had a few mods) and the meg came out on top. If you can believe it, it justs grips and grips and grips!! More than the trophy. Then you've just got a crazy amount of power under your right foot.

I d still say yes to a trophy, just becuase it is the ultimate giant killer.

Reaction score
Given the average trade value for a 24000m Trophy is probably around £7000 then to effectively buy an R26 with low miles and Xenons for £12500 isn't a bad deal.

I have had anything from a Trophy to an M3 on the drive at the same time, it's surprising that I would probably take the Trophy. So even if the price is right you will always struggle to replace this car.

My own upgrade would be to dig deeper for JDM DC5 Integra or FD2 Civic.

Reaction score
Steve do you think the DC5 is a better drive than the R26. I know what you mean about taking the Trophy it is a total grin factor car even though I know the EP3 overall is a better package; the Trophy is something specail.

Hopefully, one day an FN2 but it will be a long time!!

Reaction score
The DC5 is a bit dated but still stands out as a great car to drive, even compared to something as new as the R26. I appreciate the R26 gets very good reviews, maybe I prefer the high revving Honda engine, plus the engineering that has gone into the car, lighter flywheel, tech synchros, engineered-in required force to move the gear lever, less soundproofing so you can hear everything going on as well. Snug Recaros, it's just the whole package. I also much prefer the DC5 over the DC2, although it's the DC2 that get's the nod from the magazines as it's even more of a racer. I also like the kitsch Jap stuff as it stands out as different over here.

I think you meant FD2 ;)

The Yen moving in our direction and slightly better prices in Japan means I'll hopefully buy a couple of DC5 in the near future. I definitely want another FD2, just missed a couple during the week I thought I had bought to retail at £16995! :) But that will happen soon.

Reaction score
£16995 for a FD2 CTR?????? Was that going to be an on the road price? What would be inclueded, underseal, uk audio headunit etc...... what sort of milage?

Reaction score
hoolio said:
[-X Nah, i still think that's a sideways step. Now the R26.R, might be tempted by that.

Take the R888's off and its not as impressive as everyone makes out!

R26 is definately a sideways step, not enough of a performance gain to claim it being a step-up! A step-up would be something like an Evo/Impreza etc. Don't buy the R26 to be step-up, its not really...0-100 and track times are virtually the same as Trophy's. Its only a step-up if you plan to remap it!

Reaction score
Yeah but a remap is only 400 pounds.

I definately think it is a step up even in standard form, that can keep up with evos and imprezas. It just doesn't cost an arm and a leg to maintain.

Yeah I ve been told I can get an 07 plate JDM FD2 for 17k with less than 5k on clock from Andy at 200bhp cars. DC5 is 13-14 k 05 plate with less than 15k on clock.

It'll be good to see what you can do with the imports Steve.

I am also a huge fan of the K series engine.

Reaction score
Seems that a late 2007 (57 plate) FD2 Civic could be imported that would have 20000 Kms approx to sell for £16995. Would be a Grade 4.5 (out of 5) car most likely. Underseal and anything other than an immobiliser would be additional price. payment would be phased to when we had to make the payments to Japanese buyer and UK customs. As I have ASNET access happy to be buying any Jap Import on commission basis.

nbc

Reaction score
Still undecided but comments appreciated.

I'm not really looking to go up the ladder as such, sideways is fine with me, I just fancy a change but for something that has many of the Trophy's qualities and the R26 seems to be that car. I think It's a bit more modern, quicker, more comfortable inside, better looking and newer but trade's that of with slightly less feedback/input from the driver, but ultimately a very similar car with fewer miles and a comprehensive warranty. Sum it up....ish?

I'm probably going to go for it on saturday and will probably be distraught on monday!

Or how about a Scirocco on pcp?? :?

Reaction score
Scirroco will be nice motor but I doubt it will be as fun to drive as an R26 or Trophy.

Then again the Golf GTI is highly rated as an a fun tool A-B. Mid range performance being key rather than the pub boost of 0-60, 0-100.

Who has the R26? Is it Mark at Car Connexions? I am tempted with the red one but want to sell mine privately.

However, I am also drawn to buying a brand new motorbike as they are giving free insurance away.

Reaction score
Took an R26 out last night, very impressed.

See why it's rated as A to B monster.

LSD is fantastic, out of corners is amazing, just pulls tighter & tighter.

Box took a bit of getting used to :oops:

Defo a contender & also great value used :D

MPG, bit shocking!

Cheers Nez :D

Reaction score
What was the mpg like?

I currently get about 28 - 31 with normal driving but as soon as you access VTEC you can see the fuel gauge drop!