Reaction score
Hey, basically the boot is always locked and cannot be opened, doesn't make any noise when locking / unlocking the car. Just had a little search through previous topics and seen that others have had similar problems, however no-one has come back and said how they have fixed this.

Any help much appreciated!

Reaction score
Depending on which bit is broken! Could be 3 things that could have gone wrong 1. Catch Solenoid 2. Catch that sits on the rear panel 3. Catch that sits in the tailgate. Thing is there all prone to failure!

Reaction score
Trophy No.
I had the catch solenoid go but it gave up in the unlocked position as I think most have. Which makes it easier to see whats wrong (not great when you have to leave your car in central london mind)

I would say that your pretty much guaranteed that its the solenoid if there is no noise. Even my mum commented on how noisy the trophy central locking is only yesterday.

Get it down the dealers and put a new solenoid on it, but im not sure how they would open the boot first. Maybe if you remove the inner boot panel it can be removed from inside of the boot??

Reaction score
When I had my Trophy & it locked itself & refused to open, I took it to Renault garage & had it done under warranty. obviously you won't have warranty now unless you've extended it.. but it didn't take very long to sort out & they got it sorted from the inside of the car. Think it took less than half an hour if I remember rightly..

Reaction score
Cheers for the replys, think i shall try taking off the plastic trim by the catch have a quick look and get on down to the dealer then most probably.

Reaction score
Update for reference, all sorted now. New solenoid and catch was bought as that's how its now supplied apparently. Cost £45 inc VAT from AKS Yeovil and is a simple unbolt , unplug and fit the new takes 10 mins if you already have panel off for access.

Hope this may be of help to Anyone else!

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Does anyone know the part number of the boot solenoid or have a link to one please?