Suspension geo settings.?

Big Dave

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Im contemplating getting my T set up on a alighnment rig.
Can anybody recommend a good base setting for fast road use.
Its not going on track, so I don't want the "aggressive" settings.
All the bushes are in good order.

Im guessing the only "real" adjustments are made to the front, as the rear seems to be fixed.

Reaction score
Might be worth giving Mark Fish a ring, for road use he told me he would elong the holes on the front and tweak the rear a bit, a few people on swear by camber bolts for road use

Reaction score
I've seen "2 degrees negative camber, and 10 minutes toe out" posted before in response to similar questions, but that would require you picking up a set of Eibach camber bolts or similar.

You can also get flat and cambered shims for the rear, but I've not found any suggested fast-road set-up options for the rear.

The other thing you could consider if you're looking at handling is the inclusion of a rear anti-roll bar.

Big Dave

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Ive got a whiteline rear arb fitted at the moment, but im not that keen on it... And contemplating removing it..
I found it gave a bit of oversteer on quick direction changes on corner entry..

I want to keep it as stock as poss, but getting the best out of it.

I havnt checked the geo settings since i got it approx 2 years ago. So it might need a "tweek"...

Cheers.

Reaction score
Dave, Mark Fish looks after my T. I haven't used any shims or bolts. What mark can do is machine the whole on the damper leg a tiny bit longer. No structural problem at all. I have 2.5 on front and 2 rear. Car is awesome if a little soft. But i found my car had too much understeer as standard. No anti roll bars. If I was keeping the car for good I'd go with AST suspension all round. But I'm not. So Im leaving it as much as I can.

Reaction score
I doubt you would want to drive down to Marlow to see Mark Fish for a geo setup if you are in the North West. If your close then you should.
I'm guessing you just need a front toe setting? Or are you looking to make changes too?
i would go for a parallel front toe setup or slightly toe in is standard.
If you want a bit more grip at the front or you always wear out the shoulders of your front tyres then a small amount of negative camber will help. 1.5 to 2 degrees. I wouldn't touch the rear for road.

Reaction score
I want to keep it as stock as poss, but getting the best out of it.

I'd therefore keep it as close to Renault intended. Geometry is a complex science that is challenging to optimise without significant quantities of testing, good knowledge/advise, and a great feel for your own car.

If you want a bit more grip at the front or you always wear out the shoulders of your front tyres then a small amount of negative camber will help. 1.5 to 2 degrees. I wouldn't touch the rear for road.

Sounds sensible to me. We probably all lean on the front a lot and find the shoulders wearing, as Renault will have set it up well, but likely with a bias to safety first understeer at the limit.

There is so much cause and effect with suspension and geometry you can get out of your depth fast, and be doing more harm than good unless you're a demi God of handling.

Reaction score
If you are visiting the south east at some point, I can highly recommend Mark Fish. My T has 3.5 degree 20mm hub centric spacers on the rear, that combined with Mark's recommended Koni rear dampers and slightly firmer damping setup all round, makes an aggressive yet still useable daily setup, still ok for fast road use but better for track use. Just got to be a bit careful lifting off sharply mid corner in the wet, of course ;) Also I think the spacers add to the appearance/ stance of the car, as it has 15mm spacers of the fronts too (and 1.5 degree). Hope this is useful.

Reaction score
If you are visiting the south east at some point, I can highly recommend Mark Fish. My T has 3.5 degree 20mm hub centric spacers on the rear, that combined with Mark's recommended Koni rear dampers and slightly firmer damping setup all round, makes an aggressive yet still useable daily setup, still ok for fast road use but better for track use. Just got to be a bit careful lifting off sharply mid corner in the wet, of course ;) Also I think the spacers add to the appearance/ stance of the car, as it has 15mm spacers of the fronts too (and 1.5 degree). Hope this is useful.
- sounds like a real handful in the wet!