Steering rack and OSR Calliper Carrier

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
So, I have a little play in both the steering rack and my drivers side rear caliper carrier. Neither part is available new from Reno now and RPD are saying they can't hold of any.

Any ideas?

Oracle

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Trophy No.
If you don`t want to chance a second hand SMI item, this is probably your best bet.
Renault Clio 182 2.0 16V 2001 to 2005 Genuine Steering Rack £100 Cash Back | eBay

You could push theboat out with a PMS quick rack, £672 for the hydraulic power rack.
Clio 2 RS Quick Rack 25% Reduction (pure-motorsport.co.uk)

Regarding the rear caliper, if you mean the caliper is wobbling on it`s sliders,
there are kits 7701201837 on ebay for £31 posted from Italy, assuming you cannot get them from Renault any longer.
The Bosch kit 0204100062 also appears to be discontinued also.
Caliper repair kit Renault Super 5 18 9 turbo brake caliper repair | eBay

Reactions: Cue

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Just double checking re the carrier - have my oily rag person on with finding me the correct diagram so I can get the part number.

Also might just get my rack reconditioned, anyone have a recommendations for people that recondition steering racks?

Oracle

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Just double checking re the carrier - have my oily rag person on with finding me the correct diagram so I can get the part number.

Also might just get my rack reconditioned, anyone have a recommendations for people that recondition steering racks?

Are you sure the play is in the rack and not the inner tie rods?
At 155k, mine has done done a few miles more than yours, but is still good.
Had to replace the inner`s @ 116k though.

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Not sure exactly tbf, while mine's only on 145k - a fair number of those have been hard track miles.

It's on it's second engine and 4th gearbox. I'm gradually replacing everything that's wear and tear.

Oracle

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Not sure exactly tbf, while mine's only on 145k - a fair number of those have been hard track miles.

It's on it's second engine and 4th gearbox. I'm gradually replacing everything that's wear and tear.

Book it in for 13 month MOT and see what advisories you get.

Oracle

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Trophy No.
its in next month for it...
I was thinking that if you MOT it now, you will get any play diagnosed, and still get 12 months MOT from the date of expiry of the current one.