Reaction score
What kind of springs work best with the Sachs apart from the standard ones? Looking to go for stiffer springs but don't want to wreck the dampers in the process.

Thanks.

Reaction score
Eibach Proline or Sportline's are good depending on how much lower you wanna go......

Reaction score
I don't want to go too low, another 20mm max because I've already broken my splitter on a speed hump and I've only had the car a month. Also yesterday I did some 'spirited' driving round a roundabout and it was scuffing. Not sure whether it was the wheel on the arch or the bumper on the ground.

Reaction score
I don't want to go too low, another 20mm max because I've already broken my splitter on a speed hump and I've only had the car a month. Also yesterday I did some 'spirited' driving round a roundabout and it was scuffing. Not sure whether it was the wheel on the arch or the bumper on the ground.

Doesnt sound right! Is it a standard setup at the moment? Shouldnt be scuffing at all with spirited driving!

Reaction score
^^ Agreed, mine is rock solid and im pretty sure would never ground out unless I hit a curb! Are you sure all the suspensoin is ok?

Reaction score
I haven't got the Sachs on just now (they're getting refurbished) so I'm just on standard 182 cup dampers which could explain why. I've had a look at those prolines and that does look like what will suit me.

Reaction score
I'd be more inclined to go with sportlines over the prolines they're a lot better suited and a tried and tested combo, not heard or seen many guys using prolinee on a Trophy !

Reaction score
The only reason why I suggested the Prolines is they offer less of a drop as Sean was saying his car was struggling for clearance as it was ;)

Reaction score
I'll have a looky and see which is best. The drop might not be such an issue once I have the Sachs back on and the car is back to normal again. Thanks for the help guys! Would it be worth getting solid top mounts to accompany the new springs and refurbed Sachs?

Reaction score
The sport lines are fine on standard dampers, seems to drop a trophy a bit less than a standard 1*2 , I have solid top mounts and it does feel a lot better although ride comfort is definitely compromised!

Reaction score
That's what I was worried about. But I do want it stiffened up so it might just have to be the price I need to pay. Do the Sachs cope ok with the solid mounts?

Reaction score
I'm still confused as to what/why its scuffing even a Trophy on 182 cup shocks and springs shouldn't scuff or bottom out at all, and a Trophy on standard shocks and springs shouldn't either, sounds like somethings not quite right to me!

Anyway that's by the by, sachs + sportlines + soild top mounts is a fine combo, i had it on mine for a while but found the sportlines noisy when maneuvering at full lock but to be honest i'm probably going to return to them this year and i gather its normal for them to make a tiny bit of noise on Trophys, best of asking BigDave as he's had sportlines on for alot longer than mine were on!

By the way im still running the solid top mounts and i like it, its a good combo and the car corners and handles really well, i love how fast it can change direction but it is alot more uncomfortable, if you can live with that then do it!!

Reaction score
I'll get it checked out and see. Maybe something's gone in my suspension. What do you mean by they can be noisy?

Reaction score
Yea my Sportlines creak a little when going over speed bumps etc. But other than that don't hear them.

Reaction score
It might be worth checking that there seated properly as mine don't creak but then my cars so bloody noisy I probably don't hear it ;) x

Reaction score
It might be worth checking that there seated properly as mine don't creak but then my cars so bloody noisy I probably don't hear it ;) x

Mine and Daves were 100% seated properly!

I have a feeling its because the standard springs have that waffy bit of rubber tubing over the bottom few coils and the sportlines have nothing allowing for a tiny bit of movement?