Reaction score
Trophy No.
Hi all

I had a quick search but couldn't find what I was looking for, so excuse the new thread.

Is there a recommended set of milestones for services (minor and major)?

My Trophy is sitting at just under 41,000 and the previous owner advised me to get her serviced next at around 45k. Cambelts, aux belt, tensioners, etc have all been done already.

Many thanks
Jack

Reaction score
There is a listing for miles/years however yours is such low mileage that you will have to go on year now not on miles as age is a factor on many components such as timing belt's these nowdays on newer vehicles range from 4-6 years and peugeot using a 10 year interval.

Being a Trophy if its a 2005 plate your last year servicing should have included all belts If this has not been done it needs doing.

As for this year your be needing oil & filter and pollen it also states remote batteries thats if this has not been done. As for brake fluid change thats every 2 years but thats dependent on brake fluid used as ate dot 4 racing blue states 2-3 years of use. Air filter is every second oil change so every 4 years however in the service manual there is a discrepancy here as it also states elsewhere every 2 years, if it was me and im currently using a cleanable one i would clean mine on every service theres no harm done then and saves on fuel consumption. Normal intervals are 2 yearly but it dont do harm to change oil on a more regular basis.

I have found myself after purchase of my T that the spark plugs needed doing on the 5 year interval along with coil pack as mine had burnt out and leads so might be worth just getting these done early.

Finally coolant should be changed every 4 years, i did mine recently its easy to do just remove bottom hose from radiator, i did run a tap through the header tank and let it drain out the hose at the bottom, then once running clear refit bottom hose and fill with half coolant half water as mixture should be around 50/50, total cooling system is 7 ltrs however you only need half of that for coolant and bear in mind you still have alot running through the water pump, and thermostat i would prob start with 2 liters each then go from there.

Reaction score
It' suppose to be:

Service (EVERY)12,000 MILES or 2 years (Include drain oil, replace cabin filter and oil filter)
@ 24,000 or 2 years Air filter and every 2 years after
@ 36,000 accessories belts and rollers or/and every 5 years after
@ 72,000 Spark plugs, Brake Fluid, coolant. (The original Trophy s plugs one are Platinum tipped and £20 a piece (Don't let any1 tell you diffrent!)
@ 144,000 Replace the fuel filter

Cleaning and checking the air conditioning should be done every two years!

Hope this help's mines going in to Renault on Tuesday! See what they say about bits that need replacing. May also ask for a test drive in a 200 and 197 if they have any. Cheers

Reaction score
Bloody hell £20 for a spark plug, i paid exactly £53.58 for 4 NGK plugs and yes there there genuine.