Reaction score
In for a service apparently.

Mine was in too, for some 'bits and bobs', namely sorting out a rattly boot catch and fixing the passenger seat which wasn't sliding when I tipped it to get into back.

AKS Renault seem like a nice bunch; very polite and friendly.

Reaction score
Johnnytheboy said:
and fixing the passenger seat which wasn't sliding when I tipped it to get into back

let me know how you get on with getting it fixed and if they fix it can you tell me what they replaced/fixed. mine does the same.

Reaction score
Paperwork effectively said "took apart and put back together".

It works fine now and cost me nothing!

When I booked it in they were keen to distinguish between it not sliding at all, and only not sliding when you want to get in the back. Presumably this makes it easy to diagnose and fix.

Reaction score
Johnnytheboy said:
In for a service apparently.

Mine was in too, for some 'bits and bobs', namely sorting out a rattly boot catch and fixing the passenger seat which wasn't sliding when I tipped it to get into back.

AKS Renault seem like a nice bunch; very polite and friendly.

As Basil Fawlty would say "A satisfied customer, we should have him stuffed."

Reaction score
Johnnytheboy said:
When I booked it in they were keen to distinguish between it not sliding at all, and only not sliding when you want to get in the back. Presumably this makes it easy to diagnose and fix.

i'll add it to the list then for my next visit whenever i can stop driving the car

Reaction score
Yeah, I've had the seat thing on the to do list since I found out from here that it was meant to slide :oops: , but the boot rattle was very annoying so got both done while on leave for a week.
Downside was Mrs the Boy made me go shopping having picked me up :evil: , upside was when we picked it up I left her MX5 for dead on the way home :twisted:

hyb

Reaction score
They were great at AKS when I bought the car, when I took it back there to get the crappy dealer price for buying it the sales guy kept asking what extras did it have , why did I choose the Red? Muppet! :D

Reaction score
Gareth said:
Johnnytheboy said:

i'll add it to the list then for my next visit whenever i can stop driving the car

Mine is in on Friday for this, needs a new seat runner. This will be it's 4th visit to attempt to solve this problem (seat not sliding back when you lift the seat back)

hyb

Reaction score
No, mine went up north I believe. WF55 EUR was my plate. I did see another trophy when I had mine, I raced along side and gave the driver the thumbs up thinking it was you. Probably thought I was nuts :D

Reaction score
I partially take my comment about AKS back, as they appear to have just put some grease on the boot catch, and it's squeaking again already....

See thread in general discussion...

hyb

Reaction score
Take it to Honda next door mate, service there is superb, and they share the same workshops. :)