Sad news re 265

Reaction score
I've owned Ruby from new and she's been dinked by idiots in the past, but at the weekend she was shunted really badly by a Beemer the plod were chasing and I'd be amazed if she's not Cat B'd - be prepared for some slightly worn Recaros and some Turinis in need of a refurb to magically appear online in the next month or two, most likely through a scouse firm. Engine and box pushing 120k, but sound. Clutch, water pump and alternator all with less than 5k - bargains to be had folks. Hope someone ends up with some of Ruby's parts to keep her memory alive rather than her just being cubed.

Best car I've ever owned and never let me down. Genuine part of the family with so many memories, and will be missed more than you can possibly imagine.

TheSaint

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Trophy No.
No way!! I hope that your ok if you were driving at the time of the incident.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Can’t be many one owner Trophy’s out there, such a shame. Condolences mate. ?

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Very sad, I cannot think how I'd be feeling in your shoes. If you need any help with the claim let me know as worked with motor insurance for 15 years +. If there is an option to keep the vehicle plus a pay out that would be my choice, but depends if you have the heart to pull it apart yourself. So sorry to hear

Reaction score
Just buy it back if it’s totalled. They will probably offer you it for about £300. My mates 2010 insignia was written off for some dents in the door. He bought it back for £420.
Dont let it go for salvage

Reaction score
Will work the offer up and won't be taking the first cash by any means. Sadly don't have the space to strip myself and the chassis is not well, plus would have to trailer her back home. Managed to get payment in lieu of repair last time a similar thing happened, but she may be beyond sensible money to fix this time. Tailgate, both rear wings, a lot of the back frame all done. Brunt of impact on right and there's a sniff of petrol. Bumper is dust, exhaust trashed, one wheel borked, spring gone on that side, proper mess....

Attachments

• 20201206_122559.jpg
    20201206_122559.jpg
    1,013 KB · Views: 84

MarcB

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Have you managed to check the floor as clio boot floors fold better than paper.

Like its been said buy it back and strip it bare and then weight it in as a shell.

Reaction score
Will work the offer up and won't be taking the first cash by any means. Sadly don't have the space to strip myself and the chassis is not well, plus would have to trailer her back home. Managed to get payment in lieu of repair last time a similar thing happened, but she may be beyond sensible money to fix this time. Tailgate, both rear wings, a lot of the back frame all done. Brunt of impact on right and there's a sniff of petrol. Bumper is dust, exhaust trashed, one wheel borked, spring gone on that side, proper mess....

blimey man....you’re a Yorkshireman, pull yourself together, get a grip and realise there’s some money to be made. You will be able to buy it back for about 300 quid, you’ll get more than that for the seats alone.

Reaction score
blimey man....you’re a Yorkshireman, pull yourself together, get a grip and realise there’s some money to be made. You will be able to buy it back for about 300 quid, you’ll get more than that for the seats alone.

But will have to pay to get it trailered from where it is (Liverpool) and have nowhere to store in order to strip. Can't just tear a car down on the roadside ?

Reaction score
Thanks for the misc PMs folks, not been able to access them all for some reason. May have to delete some 2005 era ones. Things that have come out of this: never insure with Tesco, they really are poor; Most new hot hatches are quick, but a little disconnected; The GR Yaris is utterly ridiculous for the money.

Reaction score
£7k offer. 120k on the clock. Given if I ask them to probe too closely they may pick up on the fact I had (declared) previous damage that still hadn't been sorted from previous sideswipe. Tempted to take the money and run after no more than a token effort to get another £500. May check about buyback by third party (have had some queries here) and see if that can be done without faff...

Reaction score
Trophy No.
£7k offer. 120k on the clock. Given if I ask them to probe too closely they may pick up on the fact I had (declared) previous damage that still hadn't been sorted from previous sideswipe. Tempted to take the money and run after no more than a token effort to get another £500. May check about buyback by third party (have had some queries here) and see if that can be done without faff...
Sounds like a reasonable offer. Be very interesting to hear buyback option. Good luck mate!

Reaction score
Cheers. Sadly, they've done their homework on the buyback :LOL: the lass actually double checked as it was the highest salvage value she'd ever seen on a Mk 2 clio.

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
I'd say accept the £7k and ask for the car to be thrown in....

Reaction score
Very sad to hear about this. Earlier this year I had to part with a car I've owned for 20 years and I'm still gutted about it. I feel for you. A Yaris GR would offer some compensation though...