BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Hello ! 8)

Thought I would start a thread for all those who are about to get their Trophy's Remapped by Paul at RS Tuning so we can all post our comments, views, results etc...

Last year (8/10/08) I had my Trophy put on the RR at RS Tuning. The car was standard and made 162.3 BHP and 140 Ft/Lb (at the Fly).

RSTuning2001.jpg
RSTuning1001.jpg

Since then the following additions have been made to the car:

-ITG Maxogen
-Scorpion RS192 Exhaust System
-Scorpion Decat Pipe

Today I had the Trophy Remapped and on the before run it made 170.8 BHP and 150 Ft/Lb (at the Fly).
I know comparing results that are 10 months appart is a very rough way to compare but in this case it shows an increase of 8.5 BHP and 10 Ft/Lb with them 3 additions.

After Paul worked his magic it made 179.9 BHP and 157 Ft/Lb (at the Fly). Another increase of 9.1 BHP and 7 Ft/Lb. A total increase of 17.6 BHP and 17 Ft/Lb.

Note that at 5200RPM there was an increase of 12 Ft/Lb

RSTuning10012.jpg
RSTuning10013.jpg

I’m very pleased with the change it has made to the car in terms of both Power and Drivability. The car pulls harder from further down the rev range, the ‘5K kick’ is a lot smoother and its now just a smooth surge of power all the way, the car flies!
Very Pleased! :D :D

Ben.

Reaction score
Great Post Ben! Just the sort of thing most of us will be looking to see.

Good results too! I will be happy if mine gets anywhere near those sorts of results.

Role on 5th September!

Reaction score
Mr BenG, i was hoping to catch you there but your eagerness and excitement ment that you arrived well before your booking time!!!

still great results though.

i recored near pretty much the same as you, 168.5 before to an increase of 178.9.

sadly i cant post up the results as you have as er,embarrassingly i dont know how to!maybe one day.

still i found paul very helpful and had plenty of time to answer my questions-which were mostly daft ones!!

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Ha ! I set off 30 mins early incase I got held up, or erm...Lost ! I ended up being 45 mins early.
If you had let me know I would have stuck around for a bit.

Ben - The rev limit is now at 7500RPM, up from 7250RPM.

Reaction score
As a comparison my former Trophy was mapped at Chipped UK, and with AWT modifed inlet and mild cams, larger air feed to standard airbox and standard exhaust, it made 181.9 at 6,750 and 152.5 at 5,500. I realise that this was on a different rr, but it would seem relatively comparable. It looks as though Paul gets slightly better results mid range, but that 180'ish is about the ceiling for these cars without doing anything very radical.

As I have said before it would be interesting to see if stopping the inlet cam retarding at 6,600 would help.
I am told that some of the earlier 172 hang on right through to well over 7k, so there must be some scope here.

Reaction score
Nice one Ben

Very interesting the increase from last time to the before run this time , did Paul think that the exhaust and maxogen make a difference?
Overall a very good increase (tup)

Reaction score
like you Ben i set off i thought in good time, no sat nav but armed with all the best quality street maps of leeds,and yes i still got lost!didnt take into account damn roadsworks up the M1.So was a bit late and did mean to say i was going up today but was too busy to post.

just for comparison i had ITG Maxogen, no de-cat pipe just original front exhaust tho rear section has been modified, but overall very pleased with results and a much smoother delivery of power.

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
:lol: . What time were you booked in ? I left not long after 10:30ish.

Reaction score
George K said:
As a comparison my former Trophy was mapped at Chipped UK, and with AWT modifed inlet and mild cams, larger air feed to standard airbox and standard exhaust, it made 181.9 at 6,750 and 152.5 at 5,500. I realise that this was on a different rr, but it would seem relatively comparable. It looks as though Paul gets slightly better results mid range, but that 180'ish is about the ceiling for these cars without doing anything very radical.

As I have said before it would be interesting to see if stopping the inlet cam retarding at 6,600 would help.
I am told that some of the earlier 172 hang on right through to well over 7k, so there must be some scope here.
Hi George
Like you have said in the past a remap is the best value/bhp , strange why the cams seemed to have added very little.

Reaction score
im hoping for similar results on saturday morning, il be happy with round about 180ish and at least 150 ft/lb and up the limiter too, these engines love to rev, awesome when there on cam. just hope i get up on time and that my gps actually works for once......

Reaction score
Being an owner of a Mark 1 Clio that has been tuned to 190.2 bhp, I am suprised that the 182 runs so low when RR'd.

I am having the dilema of thorwing over a grand on my car to sort out all the rust and paint issues to make it tidy again or sell up (probably as parts) and put that money plus what I would have spent towards a 182.

How come 182's are so low. RR at 160 bhp at the fly before mods is some way off 182PS !!!! And judging by this a stainless exhaust, decat and better filter plus remap is required to get the car near to what it should have been out of the factory.

Sorry if it is a well talked about topic as I have not been on many forums for ages and only started seriously considering getting rid of my Mk 1. Air con and a newer less rust prone car would be an advantage but it seems I would be going a step back from a power point of view and having to spend a lot more money on mods?

Reaction score
MattyKHZ said:
Being an owner of a Mark 1 Clio that has been tuned to 190.2 bhp, I am suprised that the 182 runs so low when RR'd.

I am having the dilema of thorwing over a grand on my car to sort out all the rust and paint issues to make it tidy again or sell up (probably as parts) and put that money plus what I would have spent towards a 182.

How come 182's are so low. RR at 160 bhp at the fly before mods is some way off 182PS !!!! And judging by this a stainless exhaust, decat and better filter plus remap is required to get the car near to what it should have been out of the factory.

Sorry if it is a well talked about topic as I have not been on many forums for ages and only started seriously considering getting rid of my Mk 1. Air con and a newer less rust prone car would be an advantage but it seems I would be going a step back from a power point of view and having to spend a lot more money on mods?

This does seem to be the issue - either the figures for the earlier engines are optimistic, or the later engines are more conservative - possiby for emissions. It has be suggested that the later head casting has smaller exhaust ports and I still think there is an issue re the cam retard at 6,600. The only way to tell would be to overlay a good 172 with the later 182 graphs.

Reaction score
tallandy said:
Great post Ben thanks for sticking the graphs on there =D> .

I'll do the same when I get mapped :D

Is that with or without the front bumper attached :D

Reaction score
Has anyone else RR'd their 182 or Trophy to actually see what it is producing?

I am going to have a look at a 182 and Trophy this weekend so it would be nice to gather as much info as possible.

Anywhere good for a buying guide, known faults and recall information or proven modifications/servicing costs etc.

Reaction score
tallandy said:
LOL - Less weight and more induciton bumpers coming off !!!! :D

Maybe something along the line of this!:D

Attachments

• 1188106-1[1].jpg
    1188106-1[1].jpg
    54.8 KB · Views: 39