Reaction score
Hi Guy/Girls

Has anyone replaced there strut top mounts with part number 543A09780R and if so did it all go together ok with no running problems etc.

I've had my Trophy since since new so I know those I have removed are original and can see that the uppermost rubber item (7700426450B) (visible from engine bay) is different to that provided (8200876298) in STM kit
543A09780R, in that for the new items the nut and rubber dish item are seperate whereas originally they were one piece. Also this item has steel prtruding at the bottom whereas the new one doesn't.

After looking through the forums Im confused since people are talking about the introduction of spacers.... Dismantling my STM's revealed a spacer as expected which fits through the largest rubber bush and onto the thrust bearing but Im pretty much convinced that this needs to be there so the whole top assembly can be tightened up.

Any advice guys?

PS Woohoo its my first post!

Regards

Dave

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum :D

if you want to keep OEM Marc is the man, he has all them details

if you want to spice things up a bit, you could try PMS topmounts ;)

P.S. if you could kindly update the register too :D

Reaction score
The new top mount kit from renault is a revised version or superseded part with a new part number and should fit no problem although it looks different.

Reaction score
Thanks guys! Will look at the register shortly!

Dry assembly of original vs new assembly seems to show a slightly reduced gap for the turret of the inner arch. I expect therefore when I put it back together next week (waiting for dampers from BG and springs to come from France) that the very uppermost rubber item will sit a lower, as viewed from the engine bay.

MarcB

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
I personally stayed away from the OE mounts and went for adjustable AST solid top mounts.

If you are needing PE part numbers or prices drop me a PM ;)

SWRWork01.jpg

Reaction score
Hi Marc looks a neat solution. Well heres a brief update. Ive fitted the new kit and it goes together fine with a slightly reduced gap as expected. As before if the wheels are in the air (jacked up) then there is no gap between the rubber dished item (visible in engine bay) and the body panel hence turning the steering results in it rubbing against the body panel. Ive now dropped the car back onto the floor but not had time to run it. There is now a 1-2mm clearance under part of it but some is still in contact with the body panel. I will try the car out tomorrow to see if theres any knocking issues etc especially on full lock. As far as I can remember (had it from new) the car has always 'skipped' a little when on when on full lock but never knocked or made any weird noises.

It do wonder if the dealership has ever changed these items for the newer ones without telling me and now I have put the original design back on!! I got the kit from renault parts direct and I asked them to confirm that the 8200876298 item is the 'improved' version which they said it was....

I have seen reference to 'spacers' on other forum posts, is this in relation to non oem items like your AST mounts? The key difference here between the two rubber dish items is that
8200876298 clamps onto the 'half nut' whereas 7700426450B clamps onto the 'bush' or 'spacer' fitted underneath the half nut.

Which is the new version?

PS If I get any issues tomorrow Ill probably put the old one back on as I never had any problem with it.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
I personally stayed away from the OE mounts and went for adjustable AST solid top mounts.

Did you need to specify for use with the Sachs dampers when you bought the AST stn? I seem to remember some problems in the past and I want to swop out my Combrake.

MarcB

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Did you need to specify for use with the Sachs dampers when you bought the AST stn? I seem to remember some problems in the past and I want to swop out my Combrake.

Yeah you need to make sure that when getting solid top mounts you tell them its for the "Trophy"
Standard AST and Trophy AST are different i believe.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Yeah you need to make sure that when getting solid top mounts you tell them its for the "Trophy"
Standard AST and Trophy AST are different i believe.

Thanks, from Kam racing? Certainly gone up in price a fair bit since I last looked.

MarcB

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Thanks, from Kam racing? Certainly gone up in price a fair bit since I last looked.

No, direct from AST mate, i had to wait a few weeks as they where Trophy spec