MarcB

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Well after being up at my local renault today i was speaking to the warrenty advisor and i asked about my melted steering wheel, He says he has only ever changed one and that was last week on a 197 and funnily enough that was my brothers car.

He said my best bet was to call Renault UK and i did and spent over 40mins on the phone talking to a guy caledl Harry Gruffydd who is a customer support manager and who was also very helpfull. He said that i should take the car to my local dealer and get them to look at it and take photos and then send them off to him.

I told him i never wanted to use my loacl dealer so i drove 40mins along the road to another dealer who took loads of pictures of my steering wheel to send off to him. and as far as im aware if its bad enough they are going to replace the steering wheel for nothing.

I have not lost out on anything so im going to chase this up to the end and see what they offer me.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
There was a petition taken from ClioSport.net to Renault UK and there was no success.

Very much doubt anything will come of this as it would set a precedence for other claims going forwards!

Keep us posted!

Reaction score
Good luck with this,but i very much doubt you will get the outcome you are expecting as said this would leave the door open for countless other claims form clio owners.

Reaction score
Just interested on how you guys get any work done under warranty? Did you take out extended warranties at the end of the original one? Im sure it was only 3 years or 60,000 miles?

Please feel free to correct me.

MarcB

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
I dont have 60K on my clock and renault want to keep the custom and as my mum & dad have a clio and my brother is rolling in a 197 and im thinking of getting a 200 from renault im sure they wont mind having a listen to me.

I did have a missed call from them so after the new year i will contact them again and chase this up

is1

Reaction score
I dont have 60K on my clock and renault want to keep the custom and as my mum & dad have a clio and my brother is rolling in a 197 and im thinking of getting a 200 from renault im sure they wont mind having a listen to me.

I did have a missed call from them so after the new year i will contact them again and chase this up

It's whichever comes first though is it not - 3 years or 60,000 miles so the 3-year limit is passed irrespective of mileage.
It would be a hell of a result if you are successful. Good luck with it.

MarcB

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Spoke to them on friday regarding this and the guy agrees that there is wear and that it is not normal but as im the 4th owner its very unlikely that they will do anything about it. He did say that if is was the first or second owner they would look into it alot more for me.

As for my other problem they have been sent photos and are awaiting a responce from higher up the line.