Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Looking to purhcase a Renault Clio Trophy.

Want FSH, low no of owners, aux belt changed, circa 40k miles for no more than high £6's.

I am seeing the ones on PH which meet my description but are a fair travel.

I live in the N.W area and if you are looking to make a sale I will be able to view and pay on the weekend.

If you wish to contact me 07837547463.

Please don't pm me if your is up for more than I have stated as I will not be able to purchase.

Cheers,

Jamie.

Reaction score
Too cheap....for some reason or another the prices of these little tomato's have jumped up.....

Good luck in your search anyway

CMR

Reaction score
Yeah no offence but thats alot to ask for in the car for £6***

Even 6 months ago cars with that spec were still going for £7000+ and now that the prices have gone up you will really be stretched to find one for that price as Chris said.

Reaction score
You're all dreamers if you think they go for alot more.

There are 3 on PH at 40k FSH and £7,200, £6,995 and £6,750.

Also a few which have sold at the same price too - take a look if you think they are worth more, I think you may have a sudden reality shock.

I don't think it's not too little at all.

Reaction score
Dont know really what there going for at the moment but you probably will have to travel for the right car, i travelled 400 miles to get mine, i've always travelled to get the right car. i paid £7200 for mine FRSH 40K and totally unmarked but i think they have gone up since i got mine

Reaction score
Jamie_Williams3 said:
You're all dreamers if you think they go for alot more.

There are 3 on PH at 40k FSH and £7,200, £6,995 and £6,750.

Also a few which have sold at the same price too - take a look if you think they are worth more, I think you may have a sudden reality shock.

I don't think it's not too little at all.
Charming :roll:

Reaction score
Trophy No.
LOL, I think what people are trying to say is that those are the same kind of cars that were going for LOW 6's just a few months ago, seriously someone was selling a sub 20k for £6k on here recently. Prices have rallied and the bargains are going to be a little harder to find.

CMR

Reaction score
Yeah I view pistonheads nearly everyday, and regularly keep an eye on trophy prices.

You also know for a fact that all 3 of those Trophies you mentioned sold within a few days, with quite a few people (one being yourself?!) missing out on a purchase :lol:

As someone said in a thread on Renaultsport, prices HAVE gone up, and these cars are in fairly high demand especially considering reason magazine features.. and telling the owners you are trying to get to part with their trophy that they are dreamers?...

....Well, good luck in your search!

Reaction score
You also know for a fact that all 3 of those Trophies you mentioned sold within a few days, with quite a few people (one being yourself?!) missing out on a purchase :lol:

Now Now..... [-X :lol:

Reaction score
I purchased my Trophy recently (55 reg, 27k, Immaculate, shocks referbed, Aux and Cam belts done, new upgraded brakes) and was prepared to pay big to get the right car.

Lets just say i did and it took it took 6 weeks of badgering an enthusiast owner to sell it me......... I travelled 250 miles to get it too!!! :D

All i can say is that it was worth the wait and being picky........ Good ones are few and far between and certainly worth waiting for.

A £6K car with 40K on the clock may appear a bargain but if it requires dampers, brakes, Aux Belt, Cam Belt, new tyres, tax, MOT, wheel refurb, AC regas, clutch, overdue service you're talking £2-3K+ (easy) and its not so much of a bargain! Likewise if these items have been overlooked you just know you're not buying off an enthusiast and the list of work needed will no doubt be massive. #-o

Be warned and good luck!

Reaction score
You are dreaming if you think they are worth anything more than £7,500.

That's just the truth.

Take a look and you will see that all the ones which sell are 6-7k.

Ones above seem to hang around.

I am sure you can see that.

Reaction score
Speaking of common knowledge also, it's also posted about on forums that Clio Trophy is a bit of a giggle for owners wanting more cash for their cars then they are worth.

That's about the RS comment btw.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Mr stinka gob I think you'll find.

jamie if you think they are overpriced then buy something else.

Reaction score
Just paid £7800 for a 55 plate on 19k.

Aux belt done and cambelt due in a year.

Great body work (even better now thanks to Zymol Concours and a Maguires G220) DS2500 with lots left.

So on the back of that I'd expect to pay high 6s for a 40k 05 plate one.

Status
Not open for further replies.