nbc

Reaction score
Rather than swapping 093 for a V70 i'm thinking of taking out the back seats to accomodate my mountian bike, does anyone have any pics with their's removed?

I've read a couple of posts and some speed freaks have taken them out I thick, cue Cue, and this will be a good side effect but need my bike to be happy in the back :)

Will it increase road noise much :?:

I hear it's easy :?:

Reaction score
they're easy to remove..... only thing i'd be careful of is that your bike doesnt cause damage to the back of the Recaro's...... have you tried fitting the bike in?

personally, i reckon that removing the back seats improves the sound - you won't go death!

Reaction score
I used to get my bike in the back of the Ka with the seats down, one hell of a tight fit tho!!

Do you have a bike bag or just going to cover everything up? T'is a shame that bike carriers are pretty much ruled out if you wish to keep decent paint work or can fit a tow bar and mount onto that.. I assume our exhausts would get in the way of fitting a removable tow bar wouldn't they?

Reaction score
quik5i1ver said:
I assume our exhausts would get in the way of fitting a removable tow bar wouldn't they?

clio sports don't have a towing rating which makes fitting a towbar impossible

nbc

Reaction score
With the front wheel removed I reckon it'll go, just, with seats still in place, take'em out and it'll be easy. It's only a lightweight xc, 17 incher so no monster

The Recaro's, would have to get some foam for those, good point and a bke bag would be helpful too and then I'll line clio van with some shag pile! Over protective :?:

Reaction score
going for the pimp van look with the shag pile..?:lol:

I've gone from a 17" to a 15".. hopefully this will fit in even easier.. Get some bungee cords to keep the bike in place i'd say.. I'd hate the mud though, would have to have something to keep it contained....

Any other bikers on the forum? I noticed that CS have got a thread on a biking get together, anyone on here fancy doing our own - best of both worlds, car meet and a blast in the mud too! :D

nbc

Reaction score
Be up for that quik5i1ver :D

I'm just getting back into it and i'm dying to get out to Epping forest and Thetford for a blast, you round these parts or a southener?

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
mine are out at the mo - haven't got round to putting them back in yet after buying a new tv and needing a lot more space than i first thought.

they're 2 mins of a job to take out. not sure on putting them back - we'll see :)

Reaction score
NBC, to avoid heading too far off topic, I have sent you a PM.. (offtopic)

Am in Romford so not too far from Epping at all. :)

Reaction score
quik5i1ver said:
Any other bikers on the forum? I noticed that CS have got a thread on a biking get together, anyone on here fancy doing our own - best of both worlds, car meet and a blast in the mud too! :D

Yep, although my 21.5" Stumpy FSR doesn't go in the back of mine! Luckily I live 2 miles from Devil's Dyke and some of the best cross country and downhill this side of Wales so don't have to put the filthy crud encrusted steed in the back of XOG too often, we should have a drive-ride sometime soon. :D

Reaction score
Wouldn't say fitting a tow bar is impossible as seem to remember someone posting a pic on here a while ago of a Trophy with a trailer :D

Admittedly I don't understand anyone who would do that!

Reaction score
i'm in for a drive/ride some time soon, my Commencal is feeling rather neglected at the moment. As are my legs actually, oh and my general fitness so maybe just a short one first time round!
Some great trails in Alfriston or up around tunbridge, but that might be a prob without a rack :)

Reaction score
well I got a Tomac Taos frame for Christmas which I've been after for years, just building it up at present. I always admired Commencal's, are they still steel only? So where would everyone fancy riding?

nbc

Reaction score
Chief:

How do you get your Commencal in??

Maybe somewhere MidKent would be best? A mate has told me of a singletrack 'facility' that is Tonbridge way I think, i'll try and get some details.