Re: Cheap Trophy for sale Cat C paint damage

Reaction score
At least 2k for a decent respray and you're already 4k into a cat c car though :(

Reaction score
I was going to bid on this at the Auctions. Went for £1480 plus fees at the weekend.

Personally I would of stripped it for parts.

EDIT: Anyone else not notice the plaque on the seat rail missing? odd?

Last edited:
Reaction score
Yeah someone has put a decal over the top, interior looks worn and no mention of mileage or history...

Reaction score
The auction showed the mileage as 88,086 and sadly no service history.
Only 1 key I presume?

The drivers Recaro was slightly worn / torn also.

In need of a lot of TLC, but cheap at that price and I personally don't see it lasting long.

Reaction score
Too many issues then unfortunately :( no history and plaques missing on top of it being a cat c and needing loads of money spending on it its just not worth it. Would be a shame to break it but it'd be a better investment that way and it'd help keep better trophys on the road

Reaction score
Plaque does seem to be totally missing. Can't quite understand why it would have been removed.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
At the risk of offending, that really is a heap. Not much good for anything bar a track toy. As regards the plaque, my guess is that at some point the original seats got sold on and then a later owner re installed some non original trendlines.

Reaction score
£600 seats, £600 suspension, £220 spoiler, £200 exhaust, £400 wheels... it all adds up.

Then there is engine, drive shafts, gearbox etc... worth more in parts sadly.

Reaction score
It'd need a full spray to look right- otherwise you'll defiantly notice a colour difference and it'll ages differently. There's the thing with the seats too but I guess if someone isn't that bothered about the seats and cat c then it may be worth saving. Maybe Renault would supply new plaques as the chassis number would match up

Reaction score
Looks like it's been used as a chicken shed. By a chicken that chain smokes roll ups.

Reaction score
Does certainly look a poor old thing in the pictures, a good thorough clean would make a big difference then there's all the parts to be fixed/repaired,and required to get it MOT'D. Really would be a money pit espicially with paint work, no history so belts & sachs would need doing, full service etc would run into thousands to get it right again, shame...

Reaction score
Trophy No.
I hope they don't think that's the proper place for the headlight cover!