Random Drive - Lake District (pic heavy)

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Let me start off by saying, I love living in the Lakes ! I go out for a drive in the Lakes nearly every weekend and never get fed up with driving the same epic roads.

The trouble is summer attracts ALOT of 'Touroids', which are like Hemroids...A pain in the arse! So the key is to venture out from the tourist hot spots and find remote places where touroids are kept to a minimum. This is not an easy task as most touroids like to explore but some never go far from the roads, they like to park up right where they want to be. Finding a quiet road is never going to be easy this time of year.

This week I went for a drive around Little Langdale. Its a place ive been before and done alot of walking around the area, its a really nice place but ive never looked at it from a driving point of view, until today.
The roads are tight, twistie, very bumpy and today, very quiet. Oh, and the background scenery is something else. Usually my drives out are fast paced and energetic but todays drive was different, it was the type of drive that reminds you of what driving in the lakes is all about!

Enough rambling on! Here are the pics...

DSCF2259.jpg

DSCF2260.jpg

DSCF2261.jpg

DSCF2262.jpg

DSCF2267.jpg

DSCF2273.jpg

DSCF2275.jpg

DSCF2277.jpg

DSCF2278.jpg

DSCF2281.jpg

DSCF2286.jpg

DSCF2287.jpg

DSCF2289.jpg

DSCF2290.jpg

DSCF2295.jpg

DSCF2298.jpg

DSCF2301.jpg

DSCF2302.jpg

DSCF2303.jpg

DSCF2305.jpg

Cheers

Ben

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Thanks mate :D .
I dont normally take pictures when I go out for a drive but I haven't taken any pics of the car for a while. They turned out pretty good I thought considering I only took my little digital cam with me. The red stands out really well against the green background.

Reaction score
Really is a beautiful part of the country. I went for the first time last year and stayed near you I believe, in fact I think my friend spotted your car, but sadly I wasn't with him at the time and you may have been a little confused by a mountain biker waving at you...!?

Good to see the T looking red rather than pink as some cameras tend to show the colour! :lol:

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Ha. I dont recall seeing anyone.

I was around the Coniston area a few times during that weekend so it most probably was me. Some good mountain biking round that area, Walna Scar is an epic downhill !

Reaction score
We were at the lakes last weekend and I saw a Trophy..

Reaction score
Will have to try and get up there Ben. Do you get days off in the week as weekends are hard to come by for me at the moment.

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
I can have a day off whenever I like and Ill be more than happy to have a day off and go for a drive or whatever.
Ive always got routes planned so just give me a text if you still have my number or send a PM if you fancy coming up.

Reaction score
BenG said:
We were at the lakes last weekend and I saw a Trophy..

Cool, Where abouts salem ?

It was in Keswick on the Sunday the 2nd August... I was in the CTR at the time and about 4 or 5 cars behind the Trophy we were all stuck behind a HGV at the time..

I did also see a Trophy around the same area last year in September I was then driving the Trophy :D