Reaction score
Trophy No.
You can get uprated mounts from Ktec, but it will transfer a lot of the vibration to the rest of the car.
Many people end up going back to standard. It sounds like they do tighten it up a lot more though. Depends what you want...

Ash

Reaction score
I've had the Ktec engine, gearbox and all the suspension mounts done by them a few years ago, never thought of changing back again works well with no negatives.

Depends how you use the car, if you drive steadyish on the roads then may be not that beneficial. Track days you will see a benefit though, but again depends how much you push the car and also your driving ability.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
^ Yep.
Mine's main job is being the daily and its shakes me about enough as it is.

Reaction score
Cue said:
what's the best mounts to go for? i'm after gearbox, engine mounts etc - poly probably but what make?

For road use new standard ones but if your using the car on track a lot go for the KTEC uprated ones and there not that bad on a daily driver it just depends if you like vibrations ;) x

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
i'm not thinking of the suspension mounts just engine and gearbox as they need replacing.... are k-tec the best place for them.. .some one recommended powerflex purples - this mean anything to anyone?

Reaction score
I've got K-tec/Vibratecknics upper engine and upper gearbox mounts with the Powerflex bushes for the rear lower gearbox mount (They are the purples ones)

Don't find them too harsh now tbh, deffinately more noise on startup and idle but soon get used to it. It's my daily driver aswell.

Reaction score
Cue said:
i'm not thinking of the suspension mounts just engine and gearbox as they need replacing.... are k-tec the best place for them.. .some one recommended powerflex purples - this mean anything to anyone?

Cue you can only get the engine mounts from KTEC as they own the rights but if you want I can see if I can get you any discount?

Reaction score
stealthsport.co.uk said:
Cue said:

Cue you can only get the engine mounts from KTEC

and approved outlets ;)

Most of the vibration people get is down to lazy fitting in my experience. Both mounts need putting on loose first, rock the engine, the tighten the lot. What happens most of the time is one mount is changed, then the next, so none of the mounts are in a relaxed position

Reaction score
Just had all the mounts changed for Ktec uprated ones - drove 800 miles (back home after having them fitted) today and not intrusive or harsh at all; slightly more vibey at tickover that's all - track on the 27th :)

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
stealthsport.co.uk said:
Cue said:

Cue you can only get the engine mounts from KTEC as they own the rights but if you want I can see if I can get you any discount?

All good advice, cheers lads. Matt - if you could that'd be ace =D>