Reaction score
Hi Guys and Girls,

Time has come to get a new blow pipe for the car. `had the original mild steel Renault item for 63,000 miles. I had to be welded to get through MOT last year. I decided on the Pure Motorsport one, so no help required as to which one to purchase.
I placed the order on Saturday 22nd February, having no idea how long she would take to arrive. I had plenty of time, so no hurry. But I didn't want a last minute rush either. Monday morning at 8am, I got an email saying it is in stock and will be sent out that day. It may arrive tomorrow. Well that is today and good as their word; it did. Ten out of ten for promptness.

Now to the small disappointment. My dad said I can't open the box as it will make the box bendy and will make it difficult to carry in future. So now I'm like a child, who has had their lollipop stolen by their dad and is eating it in front of them.

IMG_0326.jpg
The box says Land Rover. Dont be confufled. its just a box from a child's Land Rover bike. It really is my exhaust. :) When I have more, I will post. I will warn you that it could be 2 to 4 weeks. Congratulations to me for actually buying something and creating a thread with pics for others to view. This is a first for me and I've only had the car since 2006 lol.

Reaction score
Well obviously its the 182 one with decat. I went for the 3.5" slash cut tail pipes. I measured my standard ones and they were just under 3". I wanted bigger than that, but felt that 4" could have clearance issues or increased vibration. So I went for 3.5. Not a fan of rolled edge.
Not sure weather to put normal cat back on or run decat. will be a pain to change when mot is due in August.

SoS

Reaction score
Nice one, I had planned on a Pure exhaust, I came close to getting one but decided to keep the existing exhaust for a bit longer. I was planning on sleeving the joint after the cat and using their standard system as I did not want to keep changing to get the cat on for the MOT.

I am still looking to get an exhaust at some point and this one is top of my list, so will be interested in how you get on and what it sounds like!

Reaction score
I took a look at these online yesterday - they look well made, to a mere non-engineering mortal like me!

Be interested to hear what cabin noise is like with this system (anyone know whether this would be significantly changed by adding a cat?).

Does anyone already run this system with the cat included?

Reaction score
Brace yourselves guys and dolls, I've had the exhaust fitted. Write up following as soon as I've uploaded the pics and video. :)

Reaction score
ok here is the old exhaust.

IMG_0337_zpsc00ee24c.jpg

Here is the new one layed out in pieces

IMG_0328_zps88aa45ef.jpg
IMG_0329_zps4c0668be.jpg
IMG_0330_zpsaa17981d.jpg
IMG_0331_zps303a1b01.jpg
IMG_0332_zpsef7e0d02.jpg
Here it is on the car

IMG_0338_zpse550b1f8.jpg
IMG_0340_zps694e9e95.jpg
Here are the new mounts from Audi, a much better design. I included part number in case anyone wants to get some.
IMG_0333_zpsc30eec28.jpg
IMG_0334_zps3563e674.jpg
I took a video of the sound, but photobucket wont accept as too big. Ill try youtube tomorrow.
Oh and btw its awesome lol

Reaction score
Does look like a smart piece of kit.

How is the sound inside the cabin at various different engine speeds? Is there any/much resonance?

Big Dave

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Trophy No.
It also looks a lot lighter than the original...And that can only be a good thing....

Reaction score
it sure is lighter. I'm very happy with the sound, both in terms of tone and volume. When you first start the car there is a low bass hum. With the new Audi mounts the exhaust is very still. This means that the sound is very clean and straight, if you know what I mean; no vibrations at all. It sounds like a mitsubishi lancer evo to me or other rally car. naturally if you put your foot down its loud but never uncomfortable. But on the motorway when you are feathering the throttle, its can be very quiet. this is the best way in my eyes. The gasses actually feel so much more free flowing. it feels like its doing what its meant to, however I am running decat atm. It sounds like mono until about 5k when the cams kick in, then its like stereo.

koi

Reaction score
Would the Audi mounts be able to be used with the standard exhaust? How much they set you back?

Reaction score
The Audi mounts come with the exhaust, so I have no idea of cost. I would love to know out of curiosity. I suspect they would fit standard exhaust. Someone could email nick @ pure and ask him, or just try. BTW does my youtube video work?