BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
My Girlfriend has bought me a pair of Sabelt 3 Point bolt in Harnesses for Christmas so ill have a go at fitting them over the holidays.

I just want to know what you guys did to stop the seatbelt beep noise going off. I think the options are to either source a seat belt clip from another clio, or, someone mentioned putting a resistor somewhere in the circuit. ?

Thanks.

Ben.

Reaction score
Personally I would get another clip from a breakers. Saves messing with the wiring which 'could' look odd when selling the car later. Plus you can take it in and out whenever you need to. Just my opinion!
Nick.

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Spot on !

Cheers for that, ill give that a go.

thanks

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
personally i don't use them for normal road driving - they're a pain in the rectum when reversing and stop you from getting in the glove compartment in a hurry if you need anything....

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Yeah I can understand that. Im going to fit them anyways and see how it goes.

My Trophy is no longer a daily commuter, its now a weekend toy so it may not be too bad with harnesses :D :D

I now drive (or ride) a 50cc scooter for work and getting about etc. Its £15 to tax it for the year and £100 to insure it for a year and £5 to fill the tank. 8)

Reaction score
Thats made me laugh! but on the other side I have been thinking of doing exactly the same thing!! :lol:

Did you do a cbt test mate?

BenG

ClioTrophy Moderator
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Well actually mate ive got one booked so im not exactly using it at the time being. its taxed, MOT'd and insured so just got to do my CBT again. I did it years ago but it only lasts 2 years so gotta do it again. Im planning on geting a 125cc and sitting a full bike test before the 2 years runs out again.

You can laugh all you want but £5 petrol will easily last me 2 weeks + I can look after the Trophy alot better. AND. Imagen how fast the Trophy will feel once ive been used to riding a 50cc for a few week. :D its win win.

Reaction score
You bought a ped then! I ave to see this!!!! yeah I was driving the 1.0 corsa around for a couple of weeks and when I got in the T it felt like a rocket!!!!!!!!! :lol:

Reaction score
BenG said:
Yeah I can understand that. Im going to fit them anyways and see how it goes.

My Trophy is no longer a daily commuter, its now a weekend toy so it may not be too bad with harnesses :D :D

I now drive (or ride) a 50cc scooter for work and getting about etc. Its £15 to tax it for the year and £100 to insure it for a year and £5 to fill the tank. 8)

Fair play to you sir! I wish I could do the same but my work is too far to go everyday on a 50 or even a 125... I used to work with someone who did the same. He shared a nice car ( can't recall what) with his mrs which she used for work and he rode the 2 miles to work on a ped. Cost him £2 a week on fuel! But that was when fuel was about 70p a litre (2002 ish??)