Oxygen Sensor

IRK

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Evening all. Finally got my old laptop working to run RSTuner and looked at the live data for the o2 sensors.

Forgive my ignorance as I'm not entirely sure how they're supposed to work, but the front o2 sensor voltage was fluctuating massively from a low of 87 up to 741 constantly. I've got a video that I'll try to upload somewhere.

Does this point to an issue with wiring?

MC1

Reaction score
Hi
The front sensor is meant to do that. The rear sensor should be 0.45V constant. The fluctuation is the mixture being controlled by the O2 sensor & it’s the fluctuation frequency that gives an indication of O2 sensor problems. ie O2 sensor ageing will show a slower fluctuation between 0.8v to 0v & back up again. A more constant O2 voltage reading would indicate a mixture fault / or O2 sensor issue etc.

IRK

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Hi
The front sensor is meant to do that. The rear sensor should be 0.45V constant. The fluctuation is the mixture being controlled by the O2 sensor & it’s the fluctuation frequency that gives an indication of O2 sensor problems. ie O2 sensor ageing will show a slower fluctuation between 0.8v to 0v & back up again. A more constant O2 voltage reading would indicate a mixture fault / or O2 sensor issue etc.
Cheers for the reply! That's put my mind at ease as it wasn't replaced too long ago.

Reactions: MC1