Reaction score
Aloha everyone...

Was looking at the Oribsoud exhaust recently and it got me thinking... what benefit would it offer, say, a Janspeed or Ktec unit? It is afterall almost £300 more expensive...

Thoughts?

I am going down the road of marketing strategy but havn't heard/seen one in person to usefully comment...

O.

Reaction score
Not heard or seen one myself, but 7Matt put some pics and vid clips on the forum last year and I have been in love ever since! For the £300 extra you do get a sports cat...

Reaction score
Lol... I wonder if the sports decat is gold plated? ;)

I do remember the group buy attempt... but it just hit me that is is double the price of everythign else out there but yet I just could not understand why!

All these disturbing questions keeping me up at night ;)

O.

Reaction score
KTR are now selling the Oribsoud street exhaust, no prices yet but there are pictures on there website.

There was a RS-team group buy were one system was sold into the UK. I tracked this guy down and exchanged a few emails with him.

Basically he said that the exhaust was a bit too aggressive to live with on a daily basis.

He descirbed the cabin drone / booming as 'Hard'.

Reaction score
7MAT - that's really interesting to hear (no pun intended!). I just am really struggling to see how these guys charge the prices that they do - I mean it's not made of titanium etc and they don't seem to have a key selling point to justify the price. Strange!

O.

Reaction score
oliie said:
7MAT - that's really interesting to hear (no pun intended!). I just am really struggling to see how these guys charge the prices that they do - I mean it's not made of titanium etc and they don't seem to have a key selling point to justify the price. Strange!

O.

When I enquired direct last year with Orbisoud I was quoted a price of 915 Euros and 290 Euros for delivery! I was also offered the price of 763 Euros for 10 units or more.

The price includes new fixing brackets and 200 cell sports cats and the knowledge that you have purchased an exhaust from the same people that make them for Renault's race team.

Reaction score
Ahh I didn't realise they make the exhausts for the Renault racing team.

Do you know what the 200cell cat means? I think I also read that the actual item is 100cell and that the website is wrong (I think you wrote this?).

The plot thickens...

O.

Reaction score
oliie said:
Ahh I didn't realise they make the exhausts for the Renault racing team.

Do you know what the 200cell cat means? I think I also read that the actual item is 100cell and that the website is wrong (I think you wrote this?).

The plot thickens...

O.

It's the other way round - I emailed them asking if there cats were 100 cell and they replied yes, but the website says 200 cells? God knows what you will end up if you order.

200 cell = 200 cpsi (cells per sqaure inch) they are also metallic

I fitted Janspeed's metallic sports cat to my car and noticed a difference (not massive but she did pull a bit stronger) but I couldn't find out what is fitted as standard to the 182?

7MAT

Reaction score
So the more cells the better? Sorry I am being a little slow here as I've no idea what it actually means or refers to.

I will try wikipedia!! :) :)

O.

Reaction score
oliie said:
So the more cells the better? Sorry I am being a little slow here as I've no idea what it actually means or refers to.

I will try wikipedia!! :) :)

O.

The less cells the cat has per square inch the better as less restrictive.

Reaction score
Got it!!! So a decat has 0 cells I gather?

Learn something new everyday :)

Now it's time to see how cheap it can be bought... 8)
O.

Reaction score
IMO the price isn't actually that bad at £650 (€915 divided by 1.4) - the Janspeed system and sports cat works out at about £585.

My real concern was the new mounting brackets that are supplied with the Orbisoud system, I am not sure if they replace the existing hangers, or if they have to be fixed to the car using new fixing holes...

Very interested to hear that K-tec will be offering this system soon, if they do it at a reasonable price then I will definately be going down the Orbisoud route - regardless of noise! :twisted:

Reaction score
OliS - would you buy one from the guys in France if they offered to do it for 915 euros fitted?

O.

Reaction score
OliS said:
IMO the price isn't actually that bad at £650 (€915 divided by 1.4) - the Janspeed system and sports cat works out at about £585.

My real concern was the new mounting brackets that are supplied with the Orbisoud system, I am not sure if they replace the existing hangers, or if they have to be fixed to the car using new fixing holes...

Very interested to hear that K-tec will be offering this system soon, if they do it at a reasonable price then I will definately be going down the Orbisoud route - regardless of noise! :twisted:

My understanding is that the new mounting plates supplied are a direct replacment for the factory supplied items - i.e. unbolt 3 screws for each plate and replace.

7MAT

Reaction score
oliie - would be tempted, but I can't do anything about it right now, money is too tight (I can just imagine my missus' face if I told her I had just spent £650 plus on a new exhaust!).

7MAT - Thanks for the info on the mounting plates, if they are just direct replacements like you say then that takes care of the only concern I had about getting this system.

Reaction score
7MAT said:
Available now from http://www.k-tecracing.com/show_product ... 1991&pic=1

Price £912.98 with UK delivery!

This makes it one very expensive exhaust system - still it is very nice and I would of had one if I thought I could of lived with it on a daily basis.

Rather pricey, even more when you factor in a relatively small cost for getting it fitted. It does looks very nice though.

Question; does anyone know if it is still within the 95db noise limit imposed at some tracks?
Also would a "sport cat" pass an MOT? (not relevant just yet but I do plan sticking with ruby for a good while longer) Or that only a problem with the de-cat mod?

Reaction score
7MAT said:
Available now from http://www.k-tecracing.com/show_product ... 1991&pic=1

Price £912.98 with UK delivery!

This makes it one very expensive exhaust system - still it is very nice and I would of had one if I thought I could of lived with it on a daily basis.

:shock: Fook me that is way too pricey! I'll keep on waiting, if more stockists come to the market then hopefully the price will come down...