Reaction score
Not posted for a while, new job... :oops:

Got a bit carried away last week :roll: having waited a while I have finally become the owner a Caterham 7, a Superlight R400, 4yrs old, 10.5k mileage, pearlescent Snot green colour :D See picture at the bottom.

Picked "SuperSnot" up in Dundee, so first drive after a test drive was Dundee to London :shock: Despite four showers arrived a bit tired but all well... WOW is all I can say, even more than I hoped for. Shockingly quick (0-60mph 3.8secs) but so much more than that; tickling along in high gears using the torque, having time to see the faces of the young boys as they stare open mouthed. It feels just they look to own it...

Just in case there is anyone wondering what this might mean in terms of Tomato car (#104) fear not bretherin, she couldn't go anywhere could she! :D Although she has graciously given up the spot in my garage... Full cage 8) goes on in due course so roof not an option...

For anyone not bored already here is an amusing youtube video
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=demXmGV_NyY

This is original advert for anyone interested in the spec http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/467188.htm

Attachments

• image001.jpg
    image001.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 414

Cue

Reaction score
Trophy No.
the R400 imo is the best of the best. colours not to my liking but am amazed at the spec sheet. very very nice..... i'm envious now :twisted:

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Mmmmmmmmmmmm.

I thought the new black one they had in one of the mags last month looked fantastic, stupidly quick.

Reaction score
FunkyMunky said:
things must be going well :wink:
nice piece of fun is that!

Nice piece of fun - :)

Cue said:
the R400 imo is the best of the best. colours not to my liking but am amazed at the spec sheet. very very nice..... i'm envious now :twisted:

Too kind Sir. :)
Colour isn't one I would have been brave enough to order myself.. But it does look very nice (the pearlescent paint) in the sunshine :)
Spec sheet - I got to end of my first read through and thought pause and then read that slowly again; was that a daydream I just had... No, now that is ticking a number of boxes... :twisted:

hoolio said:
Mmmmmmmmmmmm.
I thought the new black one they had in one of the mags last month looked fantastic, stupidly quick.

Does require care in the wet; with the tyres on the car at the moment (legal but not by very much), spinning up in 4th today...

Just starting to put some thought to how I will proceed in terms airfield, tuition, track days and Eiffel trips; one thing leeds to another... :roll:

Reaction score
Wow! I am so unbelievably jealous! I just turned the colour of your SuperSnot!

All I want is a Caterham (I was going to start with a Roadsport or something, but you have some brassy balls there!) at the moment, looking at lots of things but always go back to this idea.

Have you seen the Caterham Lavante article in this month's EVO? 520 kg with a supercharged racing V8 developing 550bhp. Needless to say it's quite quick.

Well Done!

Reaction score
Ah,

A man after my own heart, i love R400's.

Let me know if i can ever do anything to help you out with your seven - i work for Caterham!

I am due to be driving the Levante in the next couple of weeks, should be interesting. I look after all of our press cars and i have to say, the new R500 is bonkers fast with 500+ Bhp/tonne. Then you realise that the levante doubles this figure. GULP!

Cheers,

James

Reaction score
I drove a race prep'd one at a driving experice thing last weekend. Oh my god, the feedback through the wheel was out of this world. So so so responsive, and the brakes were fantastic. Gearbox felt good aswell. Drove an atom the same day, although the Atom was stupid quick, the Caterham was so much better to drive!

Reaction score
Wow, only just seen this. Top choice, I love Caterhams....thats a decent one too :D

We have very similar cars...I have a trophy and this:

JT6T4615.jpg

An 08 reg home-build Westfield Megabusa!

The feedback and feeling you get driving these sorts of cars is unbelieveable!

The advert isn't showing now, if you get a chance could you post some of your spec up for me?

St. Trophy said:
Ah,

A man after my own heart, i love R400's.

Let me know if i can ever do anything to help you out with your seven - i work for Caterham!

I am due to be driving the Levante in the next couple of weeks, should be interesting. I look after all of our press cars and i have to say, the new R500 is bonkers fast with 500+ Bhp/tonne. Then you realise that the levante doubles this figure. GULP!

Cheers,

James

If you work for Caterham, im guessing at the factory in Caterham, Surrey? You must be one of the Trophy's local to me then, im based in Selsdon. Not a bad job you have :lol: