Oil / Stop Light

Reaction score
Trophy No.
So I thought a change in pressure sensor would fix this but it still remains an intermittent fault.

Could it now be the oil system itself? Are these cars picky as to what oil is used (if that is even a thing)?

Oracle

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Trophy No.
So I thought a change in pressure sensor would fix this but it still remains an intermittent fault.

Could it now be the oil system itself? Are these cars picky as to what oil is used (if that is even a thing)?

I hate to ask this, but for the purposes of elimination, you have checked the oil level on the dip stick?
5/40w fully synthetic is the correct oil, though I doubt using something else would cause this problem.

MarcB

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
The oil level sensor was a common part for failing and reading the wrong info and setting the waring light on.

As crazy as it sounds im sure I seen / read on another well known Renault forum that the level sensor can actually rot away and cause this issue.

The best and most reliable method is to check the dip stick correctly.

Reaction score
Trophy No.
Ah, the level sensor, not checked that one, I’ll take a look 👍🏻

Reaction score
I had this fault intermittently oil level ok and changed previously. Oil pressure was fluctuating as sealant from main cap bearing had got sucked into oil pump. As it was all stripped out had new oil pump fitted for peace of mind.

Oracle

ClioTrophy Club Member
Reaction score
Trophy No.
For peace of mind, I`d check the oil pressure with this kit or similar.
Contains 14 x 1.5 adaptor for F4R, and guage has a realistic range of 0-10 bar
Avoid any that read to 35 bar.