Oil level reading...

Reaction score
I know that the only way to accurately check your oil level is to use the dipstick, but on my 172, if I pressed the trip computer button once with just the ignition on, I would get an oil level reading on the dash. Can't get this to work in my Trophy, even though my owners manual tells me how to use this feature! :?
Whats the deal, is this function not on the Trophy?

Additionally, has anyone had to top-up their oil level yet, and if so what oil did you use? I was planning on just using a high quality semi-syn, prob 10-40, what do you guys reckon? Gonna change to a fully syn when the time comes, but just wondering what I should do whilst the running in oil is still in there...Cheers!

Nik

ClioTrophy Admin
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Bit strange, get it checked out.

The oil level meter works on my display. Should display OIL OK when you turn on the ignition, then pressing the reset button shows the meter.

Reaction score
It does display OIL OK when I turn the ignition on, I just haven't been able to get it to display the meter though. When you say 'press the reset button', do you mean the button on the dash to reset the trip computer or the function button on the wiper stalk?

Nik

ClioTrophy Admin
Reaction score
Trophy No.
Yep, the button on the dash that you'd use to reset the trip computer. Does the button work ok to reset the trip etc?

Reaction score
Yeah, the button works fine to reset the trip, will go out and check now. Thanks for the help Nik. :)